Deepavali Puja

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Radha !

Thankyou very much for the cute F B.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Abundant Knowledge

Dear Mrs C,
    I cannot thank you enough. You seem to write so well about each and every festival. First was VV, GChathurthi,Navrathri,and now Diwali. I have chanted all your slokas and now will also make use of Diwali slokam.
    I did not know that kubera was also associated with Diwali. I have my karthikai lamps may be I should light them this year for the pooja. BTW what is vilvam leaf? You inspire me every single day. I can't thank you enough.
    Love,

3. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Namaskarams

Mrs.C,

Today I read your posting about doing Namaskaram and the different ways of doing it. You have very beautifully explained why ladies should not do Shaashtaanga Namaskaram.

Brilliant job as always!
    Radha

4. Chitvish

My dear Radha M !

Thankyou very much for the F B .
    I enjoy writing these posts, as much as you enjoy reading them ! So the pleasure is mutual.
    Vilvam is specially used for doing archanai in Shiva temples. It is very auspicious for Mahalakshmi archanai also.
    Yes, you can use the lamps we use for karthigai deepam.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

My dear Radha V !

It is nice to know that you are reading the old culture articles. You may go to the index & make sure that you do not miss any. That way, besides learning, you can explain to your twin daughters, living in the U S, all about our tradition.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  6. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

nice pooja format with a beautiful photograph

My dear Chithra

Just now finished reading the Deepavali Pooja format given by you. You have presented the format in a simple and easily understandable way. After reading the format two three times I clearly understood the pain you must have taken to draft it, Kuduos to you. You are a person with immense knowledge not only in cookery subject but also in slokams, poojas and also vedantic topics. I really admire your spirit and enthusiasm, Chithra. You are always there to help us out when we have any doubts whether be it related to cooking or slokams or poojas.

I feel that just thanking you in words is not enough for the countless services you are doing. HATS OFF TO YOU

Love and Regards
    Priya

7. Chitvish

I did start missing your F B, honestly, Priya !

I am very happy that at such a young age, you are so appreciative of me. Honestly, it needs a large heart, to be appreciative of others.
    I am very happy with your F B . I am only anxious that in my lifetime, God must bless me to share, what little I know, with you all - my dear I L ites. That is my mission, now, Priya.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear chitra,

I have heard about this kubera pooja....but was not aware of how to do the pooja. It is very easy to follow. surely will do the puja this year. now only from your post came to know the 16 selvams and the 16 lakshmis
    Thank you so much.

regards,
    surya.

9. Chitvish

Dear Surya !

What I have given is a very simple format, rather, the skeleton of the puja. It is more enjoyable if we know what each Lakshmi stands for !
    Thanks for your F B .
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrs.C,

I had heard about lakshmi pooja from a north indian friend.But kubera pooja related to deepavali.wwoow I am learning new things from you only maa.
    After reading your format it was so simple and easy to follow, I am planning to do this year. The photo also so nice to see.I cant thankyou enough for your time and effort.

I have only 6 karthigai deepams,for rest of 10 can I use lemon deepam?
    Thank you so much in advance.

Bye Mrs.c.:wave