1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dedicated!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 2, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ashok worked as a manager in one of the leading IT companies and was always found lacking time, inspite of working for long hours. His wife was the vice-principal in one of the leading schools in the city and their only daughter Neya studied in the same school.

As he entered the office so early that morning, he found Sundar already in his seat. "Dedicated chap!", he thought and summoned him to his cabin. While Sundar was about to report the status, Ashok stopped him and said, "Our clients are coming down next week to see our office here and spend a day or two! Can you pick them up from the airport?". Sundar asked him the day of their arrival. When Ashok said that, Sundar politely refused and said, "Sorry Sir! I already had applied for leave that day and you had approved it too!". Irritated, Ashok said, "I know that! But this client trip was not planned then. Sundar! If its not so important, can you cancel the leave and pick them up?".

Sundar still refused, apologized for that and went back to his seat. Ashok was thoroughly disappointed as he took it a bit harder. Sundar was invaluable to the company at that moment and it was so rare of him to refuse Ashok's request. Ashok pushed all meetings and important discussions to a later date, in his calendar, to be with the clients then. The day came, but the clients did not. They had informed the previous night that they had an unexpected situation and hence postponed their trip. Having freed his calendar, he was in no mood to reschedule anything. As he saw the time, he suddenly remembered that it was a long time since he had been to his daughter's school. He thought of giving a surprise to his wife and kid that day and bought some chocolates on the way.

As he entered the school, he saw a lot of decorations and suddenly remembered that it was the annual day. His wife had been leaving early for the past two weeks just for this. He was suddenly spotted by his daughter Neya, who was in some kind of a costume. She squeezed her eyes shut and opened them to believe that it was her dad. He was so moved to see her happiness. Next moment, she ran away faster, only to bring another girl and said, "Dad! I just can't believe it! So happy to see you here! Ankita! This is my dad! Dad! This is my best friend!". After introductions were over, Ankita said, "Neya! Please let me go! My dad would be waiting there!".

As she turned, she saw her dad Sundar coming there with a smile.

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Working parents have to manage both work and family always..
    Otherwise they will be screwed up..!!!

Sundar has shown us how important our commitment to our family is..!!

Nice one rgs..!

3. rgsrinivasan

Wow! So fast! Aren't you? Thanks a lot for your nice feedback Sabari! -rgs

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A wonderful story emphasising the fact that working parents cannot cite work as an excuse to be out of a kids life and its important moments. Sundar proved that managing both work and family life is possible and taught an invaluable lesson to ashok.

Good one rgs!
    Akila

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila, for your nice feedback. I agree to your views 100 percent on this. -rgs

6. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hey! rgs,

That was such a beautiful one - loved it every bit!!
    Saras

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks so much for your appreciation Saras. -rgs

8. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Rgs,
    That was really a nice one.
    Most valuable and important message given to the working parents in such a sweet short story.
    It's so real that parents should always balance their work and personal life not to miss the precious moments in their lives.

Regards,
    Latha.

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks very much Latha, for your appreciation. Most often we ignore such things and end up complaining about our children not considering us when they grow up. -rgs

10. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi RGS,
    Really at the end i had the reaction of ...:wow
    Nice RGS. NOw a days many parents don't spend these memorable time with their kids. Than the clients appreciation his daughter's happniess is valued more and uncherishable.:thumbsup
    This will fetch him life time high rating....:bonk