1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Deciphering Gossips

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Sep 5, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Come sunday,I would wait for the newspaper to be thrown in to my home.Not that I am too involved in to current affairs..The eagerness is for the sunday supplement "Vaaramalar" which comes with Dinamalar, a tamil newspaper.Flipping the pages one by one,there I reach for the movie gossips column.The news will be all decoded and given indirectly for us to figure out who the actual person it.
    At that age finding it correctly is like a big achivement to boast among friends.The clues will be like "uyara nadigar"- tall actor,"viral vitthai nadigar","todai azhagi" to mention a few.Gone are the days when I decoded it perfectly.During my recent visit to India,I hurriedly went in to this page with the same zeal.Alas,not one I could decode who it was.Blame it on my memory,minimal exposure to movies or shear signals of getting older.
    Hmm..Do you also like to decipher gossips?

2. asharvi67

asharvi67 New IL'ite

I was just Big Laughafter reading your post! Why??? Me too the same... rush to the gossips (karupu poonai...am i rite??:hide: ) page as soon as varamalar arrives! and yes it was gr8 fun to decipher the clues... me and my cousin sister used to do that looongg back...

Yes again as u said am not able to find out anything now...poor exposure to the movies i believe.. :confused2:

Thanks for bringing back my old memories...:)

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Supriya,

I was laughing so much when I read your blog ! :rotfl

That is 'துணுக்கு மூட்டை' from 'வார மலர்'.

Guess karuppu poonai is from another magazine, not vaaramalar.

Still we get access to this online from dinamalar.com. And I do keep myself updated (here in US too ) with the current affairs...very very important right?Big Laugh

Guess many of us had the same habit when we were young ! :)

Cheers
    Krithika

4. SupriyaDinesh

Hi Asharvi,
    Glad that i could bring back old memories.Looks like we have brush up our knowledge.

5. SupriyaDinesh

Hi Krithika,
    :cheers. Good to know that I have company.Dinamalar is paid subscription right?I read kumudam website.All books are free.I am sure i will get spanking by DH if asked to subscribe to read varamalar.. who is not into movies a bit..let alone gossiping:crazy

6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Supriya,

Dinamalar and its supplements are all free to read online !! Ellam namakkaaga thaan !! Am I right ??

Enjoy yourself....
    Gowri

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Supriya

I read Kumudam on-line whenever I remember- not on a regular basis. No gossip for me because I don't know who is who there currently.

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Supriya,

Dinamalar is free yaar...not paid. Only Vikatan, Kalki and Mangayar Malar are paid. So, you can read Vaaramalar too ! :thumbsup

Kumudam, kumkumam, Dinamalar, Dinamani, dinakaran are all free websites. :)

Long back, Vikatan was free, then they made it paid. So stopped reading that online.

Cheers
    Krithika

9. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

used t like decipheing these 'thunukkus' who is who?.Slowly I started losing interest.Now I have lost touch,but I do agree that it was fun sometimes provided the write up was inoffensive.
    Dhinamalar varamalar also publish very good short stories,we buy only when my MIL visits us she has to read dhinamalar every day.And they have this quiz page which is very interesting also.
    love
    mithila kannan

10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Supriya Big Laugh..I too have enjoyed it those days...and it was in the stardust magazine I think....that carried similar columns and it used to be a achievement, when I guess soemthing right...Thanx for bringing back those memories...