1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Decided

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sangeeta85, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

hello ladies!!
    This year I have decided to my mil and Fil piece of my mind .so the thing is now where do I do it?

The situation I m going to be is since I have thought of going to my mom place first that has never happened I always visit inlaws then go to mom so I know mil is going to be angry ,how will she act may be call and ask or wait till I visit her and then ask how I dared to go their first “OR” should I just not go to their place since will be going for few days to India can say that but she will fight and whatever she wants to fight it will be video call.”OR” face the 2demons for once and get my mind peace and get it over with ..or when they visit .. one thing for sure is there will be drama today or tomorrow and I know my Fil is going to say stop talking or calling us ...I also know how things will be later at my house with my husband ..anyways I keep fighting with him for what they did so I think few more days again..

Mil will not talk rational and listen she will start to cry and once she does my Fil starts to talk to me angrily so basically I want to say no one to listen or talk for me ...
    The things I want to tell her is stop asking my son to come and sleep with her since she had told him unwanted things that I had told in other threads like money and family ppl are only ppl from the same last name and also telling him expired meaning by giving my own brother as example ..there is more to say to them or just stop here ..but I don’t know how to begin and how to stay strong ..I start to shiver and my voice raises not like rude but it does and I have hate for them so it will ..but I want to face once to them and get it over with..

rachaputi and Vedhavalli like this.

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

There is no way to get over it or to come out of it. The fear frustration anger and anxiety these are the things that is required to fight with. If you keep thinking that your words came out with anger will change something then it will never. The situation will get worse everytime. Improve your mental strength by various ways that are suggested here time to time in different threads like meditation and thinking positive etc. Your own mind need to be cured and stop thinking about curing their mind. Just calm down relax and take a deep breath.

Sangeeta85 and Gauri03 like this.
  3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I think you are very disturbed .. I think you have tolerated too much for long and now your mind is getting out of hand . But it may have disastrous consequences .
    So , my suggestion is instead of making a big issue, try to take back control little by little of your own life .Firstly you start visiting your parents first . It is bad to restrict a woman from visiting her own parents and instead be with in-laws who don't love her . So you start disobeying that and if anybody shouts , just calmly tell that "of course I will visit my parents first" , and leave it . Be nice and polite never hurt or insult anyone .Next always reply calmly that your child needs his mother and doctor said to sleep with parents .

If your husband loves and respects you that's what matters in life . In-laws are of different generation and their words may hurt us , it happens to everyone so it's better to not take it too personally . Try to focus on your life .For my MIL I try my best to have compassion for her and understand her view point , and this helps me to focus more on my life than dwelling on petty things .

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Sunshine04, VinuthaS, shravs3 and 2 others like this.
  4. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Dear OP
    Some ideas i can think of which i also plan for my tour to india
    1) don't let your in laws know when you going to india. Stay at your parents place for some duration without letting your in laws know. Give them another date when you ll be in india.
    2) Give some lame reasons like your health or if you have kid, your kid's health.
    3) If nothing works and you still don't want to land at your in laws place, just be ready mentally to face consequences, and don't just react. If you don't react so many times, they might stop cursing/blaming you after certain point of time.
    Don't just keep on thinking about this and lose your peace of mind.
    4) If you think situation will go uncontrollable, then better to spend a day or two at in laws and come to parents.

Sangeeta85 likes this.
  5. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Yes I have tolerated for too long ..
    She will ask what doc said not to sleep and y ..they are the ppl who will just do more bcz it’s me .on top my son he will say no doc did not ..

Vedhavalli likes this.
  6. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

@Sangeeta85, first of all, now your strong and brave enough to face them. From your post I can see, you want to end thier game. Do it. Be super smart. Tell you got tickets to only thier place, will come and stay before leaving to US. Stay for 1 week at IL'S place.
    Son is not a baby , tell him about your mil fil, don't show them in bad light, tell few things. Let son take decision, even 3 yr olds now can understand how someone treat thier mother.
    You will not shiver or breakdown. Practice many times with words you will use them

Sangeeta85 likes this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Let your voice shiver hundreds of times... but don't give up

Sangeeta85 and Vedhavalli like this.
  8. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

What I have learnt with my experience is stay at Inlaws only if your husband is there... we travel together first drop at my mom's house for a day ... take only what i need for stay at Inlaws for sometime with hubby and return with hubby to moms place before he travels back and stay at moms place for few extra days... I would avoid all circumstances to go to inlaws house in hubbys absence ...

pinkydarling and Vedhavalli like this.
  9. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I m practicing what all to say but I m thinking that all the time and how to say it ..I m loosing sleep n peace... I never stood up for myself so it is very hard to do .but I want to do this time what ever it be ..

10. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I will do n hopefully ...