1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Decently Decent

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Decently Decent

It is wedding time in Jaipur. In chennai , u ask the metorical department, if it will rain today. In Jaipur, we call up the pandits, to find out if it is a super wedding day, where roads are blocked choc a block, where u will find grooms on horses and elephants, making traffic come to a halt, a devlish thought comes to me many a times, that this rascal should be neutralized, so that wedding does not take place.

This Sunday, after the usual game of cards, three of the friends with families, as a ritual go out for dinner to restaurants. So one of them, lets call him Anil, had to attend a wedding on the outskirts of the city, half an hour drive. So they were discussing , that we will wait outside the venue in cars, and u go , give envelloppe and come out, then we proceed for dinner.

I told them, Anil will give envelloppe, and eat nothing, and u guys with families are waiting outside, it looks odd. Why waste the money, all of u go, and eat in the wedding, so what if u have not been invited.The wedding is a decent one, rather extra decent, and u guys and yr families are also no less decent, who will know. As it is , so much food is wasted after the wedding, and no restaurance will give u better food than a wedding, so many tempting things, the snacks, the main course the sweet dishes, the milk and jalebis and what not .

But my friends are shy, did not accept my suggestion, and the script went their way, They waited for tehir friend to come out, then drove back all the way to the city, to go to a crowded restaurant, and paid thru their nose. They would not have been caught a la the 3 idiots scene, but welcomed by the unknown host.

In jaipur, it is a common known fact, that the medical college students, the hostellers, they have a great time during weddings. Just have a decent jacket, and a tie to boot, and walk into any wedding, and hae a feast. Poor guys must be sick of eating budjet food in their hostels. And many are caught, and many are let free, for during weddings the hosts are generally in a generous mood.

Once I and harsha, and a few other couples we were invited to a wedding, and there were half a dozen marriage halls in that lane. We all met at a point and walked together, and entered a wrong one. Well before we realized, I had a soft drink, a few snacks that the waiters were serving, till we realized we are at the wrong place.

We left the place , but at the gate came the host running to see why we were leaving, and we told him, we came to the wrong place, that our hosts are the next door ones, but he said, u have come to the righ tplace, that it is his honour that we have come to his wedding, and that we must eat and go.He dragged us to the main food court, and made us eat snacks.We were too embarassed, but he was kind, generous, and big hearted. He forced us for dinner, but we declined.

That was the day, I came to realize that I look decent to barge into anyone’s wedding and he will be pleased with my presence.HAHA. But we all were so touched with his gesture, at least I cannot forget to this day, must be 10 years or more .

And Jaipur being a small city, u go to any strangers wedding, and u will meet someone known. A friend had come from otustation to attend a weddign, and it was a much talked about wedding with russian girls serving drinks etc. Well I forced my friend to take me along, and boy what fun it was. Imagine a pretty russian girl serving drinks, smiling, I try to strike a conversation, but she doesn’t know english and I don’t know russian. In the cold winter, they were in their skimpiest of dresses, well money removes clothes and inhibitions eh !

And at that wedding I met a dozen known people, and I realized the truth, that I can go to a wedding, and feel at home, have free food and drinks, and the two hosts thinking the other must have invited kamal. I look decent u see !!!

Someone outstation are holding a wedding in jaipur and are coming to see me today regarding the rates , venues and vendors. I told them welcome.They have the same venue as mine. The wedding is March next year. So I suppose they will invite me and harsha to the wedding, andi wont have to gatecrash there eh !

And yes , we had pheras first, then the reception, veg and no drinks. For my mom believes that we have invited lord ganesh to the wedding, and we cant have these things. Well these people are having drinks and nonveg, and when I told them , lord Ganesh will be around, they said, nowadays, lord Ganesh goes away after the pheras, he too has to attend so many marriages, so after he is gone, they will start serving drinks.

HAHA. Great logic, but my mum wont agree. So any of u want to attend Jaipur weddings, just bring a jacket, tie, and for the ladies, a nice kanjivaram saree, and I will guide u to the weddings.

HAHA

KAMAL MAHTANI

किराने की दुकान में बणिया 500 रूपये का नोट बहुत ध्यान से चेक कर रहा था।
    जाट : लाला जी, कितणै भी ध्यान तैं देख ले गाँधी की जगहा कटरीना ना दिखैगी।

Epic !!!!
    A conversation between a husband and wife
    when their son stood first in the class test.

Husband : "He has got my brains."

Wife : "Must be true.Mine is still with me."

Spiritual thought of the day:.
    If Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey, Gin, Rum are called Spirits,

then those who consume them should be called

spiritual !!!!

I had a sparrow as a pet but it flew away one day...
    Then I had a squirrel but it ran away too..
    Then...I planted a tree and they both came back....
    - Dr APJ Abdul Kalam

I had a similar experience.
    One day I bought wafers and gave them to my friends. They ate them and ran away.

One day I bought peanuts and gave them to my friends they ate and ran away.

Today I bought a bottle of scotch. All my friends came back with wafers and peanuts.

7 people like this.

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,

I too enjoy the wedding mohool and also the food. As we stay in different state we miss all the functions of relatives and friends and In the place where we live we barely have friends.

I would like to accept your invitation sir, Shall be ready with some kanchivaram sarees and Jaipur tickets in the wedding season.

3. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Sirji, I never new this meaning of spirituality kneesmiley

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Surekha,

HAHA. welcome to Jaipur, weddings we will go.HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL Kamalji. Had a good laugh. I love your logic "anyway so much food is wasted ......" :-D

6. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

As it is , so much food is wasted after the wedding, and no restaurance will give u better food than a wedding, so many tempting things, the snacks, the main course the sweet dishes, the milk and jalebis and what not .

What a reasoning..laugh1smiley

Enjoyed your snippet and I am thinking why not visit Jaipur during wedding season so as that I can use my Kanchipuram sarees :lol:

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Yes so much food is wasted.There is a guy who works for a caterer, who sits with us inthe garden, and he tells us, they throw all the food, which is not eaten, for no one is interested to take it.Sad tale eh ! Even the workers who serve, are fed up and cant have more.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Harini,

HAHA, yes it is a valid reasoning, i know the inside fact, come over to jaipur during the wedding season which is now, and have a ball.HAHA

Regards

kamal

9. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a ton'