December Duets!!!!!

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Yashikushi, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> insert_flash_object('INTL_10.SWF','movie','85','28','high','transparent'); </script><object id="movie" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" swliveconnect="" height="28" width="85">Dear saras, search here. I think your name is in the list.
    with love
    pad

<embed name="movie" src="http://www.cardfountain.com/ecards/sntgoodlstpk05/INTL_10.SWF" flashvars="" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" swliveconnect="" height="28" width="85"></object>

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi Saroj!

Enga kaanume? Bathtub Party Day-ai pathi ezhuthalaya?
    Really intruiging... how, when and where did it originate?

Here, it is a fun "Bathroom Party" with my little GS as we try to shampoo his hair and bubbles and froth fill the place!

National Repeal day... seems too serious, no funny comments come to my mind, it is a complete blank apart from the thought that one revokes or annuls some formal or official Act in the legal sense... like 'Helmets not compulsory' (you hold your head/life in your hands) or recalls someone from exile...

Bye for now,
    Padma

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow Padmini and Padma both are 1st today for the celebration of the day....

Here is my Bath tup party
    Bathtub Party Day is today. Draw yourself a tub full of warm water. Add a few bath oil beads, and Voila! You're ready to hop in and "soak it" in the bathtub. Ahh, how soothing and relaxing!
    Don't let anything disturb the peace, quiet, and serenity of your bath. Turn off your cell phone. Put on your favorite CDs to a volume where you can't hear the doorbell ring.
    [​IMG]

Repeal Day

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Arunarc, padma and saroj
    Aruna as you have described , i want to enjoy and relax. but my daily routine prevents me .
    You all enjoy.
    with love
    pad

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

twentieth century was a dark time in America. The Women's Christian Temperance Union, which had been promoting Prohibition for many years, believed alcohol was the cause of many, if not all, social ills. Mistruths like this were spread. Lines were drawn. Bars and taverns were vandalized. People were killed. On January 16th, 1919, Congress passed the Volstead Act, outlawing alcohol and ostensibly putting an end to drunkenness, crime, mental illness, and poverty.Unlike St. Patrick's Day or Cinco de Mayo, Repeal Day is a day that all Americans have a part in observing, because it's written in our Constitution. No other holiday celebrates the laws that guarantee our rights, and Repeal Day has everything to do with our personal pleasures.
    with love
    pad

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hee hee Saroj seems to be busy with her Bath tub party [​IMG]

Thanx Padmini aunty for the information about Repeal Day

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow I am the 1st one today............

National Brownie Day
    [​IMG]

Take It in the Ear Day... hmm? When researching for this crazy holiday, I found no explanation of what this meant. All I found... things saying maybe it was created just because or maybe Ear is really a typo. HA! No matter, celebrate!

[​IMG]

8. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OMG.....[​IMG]
    Total internet failure in our home.The foremen came for repairing the landlines and just like that shown their hands in the internet wires.[​IMG]

As you all think ya had a bath tub ..RED HOT...
    Happy you all enjoyed the days with enthuse.

National Cotton Candy Day is today(sick of this celebrative stick, not my day ?????). Cotton Candy is a popular summertime treat. That being the case, why do we celebrate this day in the middle of December? Good question.

The Cotton Candy machine was patented in 1899 by William Morrison and John C. Wharton. They brought it to the St. Louis World's Fair in 1904, where is was quite popular. Cotton Candy is a favorite at amusement parks, circuses, fairs, and sports venues.

Cotton Candy was originally called fairy floss. It is made from Floss (or Flossine) sugar.
    Cotton candy is nothing but sugar, air and a little food coloring! And there is no way to make it without special equipment. You have to melt the sugar and spin it through small holes to make threads. The air cools the threads so they form a fluffy web that sticks to a paper cone. And why does it melt in your mouth? If you mix cotton candy with water, it dissolves right back into sugar.

Create a carnival atmosphere today, as you celebrate National Cotton Candy Day!

I used to amaze the process of sugar into pinky candy and twice tried .Thrilling.don't ask me if its a successful one.Finally had just the stick without a candy.Still remember the facial formula of my son [​IMG] Disgusting......

[​IMG]

Pearl Harbor Day, commemorates the Japanese attack on the U.S. Naval base at Pearl Harbor. The attack began at dawn December 7, 1941. It crippled the U.S. Pacific Fleet, and caused the U.S. to enter World War II.

During the attack at Pearl Harbor, over 2,400 American serviceman and 68 civilians were killed. Five of the eight battleships at Pearl Harbor were sunk or sinking, and virtually all ships were damaged.

On Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, U.S. flags are to be flown at half staff. On December 8, 1941 President Franklin D. Roosevelt stated in a speech to Congress it was "..a day that will live in infamy". The U.S. then declared war on Japan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Heyyyyyyyy Saroj, Nice to see you back on a relish day :crazy.

Lets all celebrate with cotton candy today
    [​IMG].

10. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi Aruna, Saroj, Padmini and everyone else!

Missed Brownie Day :rantInundated with so many things to take care of, that's why...

:thumbsdown Too Bad, eh? And I just love them so.....

Cotton Candy Day...

OK, I guess, not too fond of it, I can take it or leave it...

Pearl Harbour Day...

Well, I hate war... so am not too kicked by this...

Take care, everyone!

Have a nice day,
    Love,

Padma