December Duets!!!!!

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Yashikushi, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

When : Always December 30

National Bicarbonate of Soda Day National Bicarbonate of Soda Day, or Baking Soda Day, celebrates the many benefits and uses of Bicarbonate of Soda.

Just how does Baking Soda work and what, specifically, does it do? Few people seem to know. It's quite simple. We will skip the chemistry lesson and how Baking Soda is made. Let's just talk to what it is, and what it does. Bicarbonate of soda is a chemical compound - sodium carbonate or sodium bi-carbonate. When heated, it creates carbon dioxide, a gas. The gas aids a variety of bakery products to rise as they cook.

Many people just think of Bicarbonate of Soda as something you use for baking. But, it has so many more uses. Here are just a few of them:

• Baking- helps baked goods, like bread, to rise
    • Relieve stomach indigestion and heartburn when mixed in water
    • Removing odors in the refrigerator, vents, storage areas, and closets
    • Removing odor in kitty litter
    • It is used in fire extinguishers for grease and oil fires
    • It is often used as a cleaning agent
    • It can be used as a meat tenderizer
    • Put it in water with beans to minimize flatulance from eating beans
    • Polish Silverware
    • Remove burned food from a pot or a pan
    • And, the list goes on, and on, and......
    • with love
    • pad

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Here are some photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    with love
    pad

3. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Pad ma so nicely narrated .If wants experience just dart a mail to queeny.she must be having a lot while baking a cake???:biglaugh

<DD hasbox="2"><CENTER>It's...

[​IMG]
    Bicarbonate of Soda Day
    </CENTER></DD><DD hasbox="2">
    </DD><DD hasbox="2">Oh, the many wonders of sodium bicarbonate (commonly known as baking soda). Where would we be without it? It is used in baking, cooking, de-odorizing, cleaning, polishing, and the list goes on.
    </DD><DD hasbox="2">
    The ancient Egyptians used natural deposits of sodium bicarbonate as a cleansing agent like soap. But it wasn't until 1791 when French chemist Nicolas Leblanc produced sodium bicarbonate as we know and use it today. In 1846, two New York bakers named John Dwight and Austin Church established to first factory to make baking soda.
    </DD><DD hasbox="2">
    Baking soda is a white, odorless, crystalline solid that is completely soluble in water. It is very useful around the home, the kitchen, and for medical purposes. Did you know that baking soda can even be used as an antacaid to treat indigestion and hearburn? Sodium bicarbonate certainly deserves a whole day of celebration!
    </DD><DD hasbox="2">
    Happy National Bicarbonate of Soda Day!
    </DD>

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Padmini and Saroj so much in advance..............
    Saroj mere pass bhoot hai...........hehehe
    you know that cake is on demand both my friends wants to have it once more before leaving this country so mostly by 1st week on next month will be baking once more.
    Becoz 1 is leaving on 7th Jan and another friend is leaving on 15th jan.

wow what a list Padmini is use to whitening of your teeth too.

Bicarbonate of Soda Day
    [​IMG]

5. Yashikushi

Oh Queeny.so another relishing day is awaiting.But hope Sara will accompany me.
    Pad ma what a source of infos.?Thanks.
    So here we are at the end of the year.

December 31st, the last day of the year, your last chance to "MAKE UP YOUR MIND"! All over the world, today people will battle with mind boggling, gut wrenching decisions in recognition of Make Up Your Mind Day

It is a very decisive day. All during the year, you've put on hold, many issues and decisions. Eventually, they need to be resolved and decided upon. Well, today is the day. It's not a day to procrastinate. It's not a day to put off making a decision. If you are going to make up your mind this year, you'd better do it real soon. And, when you think about it, isn't it a great idea to clean the slate in advance of the new year!?
    You may want to begin, by making up your mind whether you will make New Year's resolutions. Then, make up your mind just what those resolutions will be.

It's about making up your mind and sticking to it. It's time to stop being indecisive and make up your mind. No more putting off your decision, todays the day to finalize your thoughts and take a stand! Just remember- making up your mind makes life easier!!!!!!

New Year's Eve is when all the fun and festivities are. We see out the old year and ring in the new.
    New Years' Day , is a time to relax and enjoy the start of a bright and promising new year....a new beginning. It is a time to be with family. After all, you haven't seen your mother in law since last year.....

Did you make a New Year's resolution? Millions of people do. It's easy to make resolutions, and often much harder to accomplish them.
    [​IMG] :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

A happy New Year! Grant that I
    May bring no tear to any eye
    When this New Year in time shall end
    Let it be said I've played the friend,
    Have lived and loved and labored here,
    And made of it a happy year.

Bowing to all my buddy lists for being with me all through these days.Merrily we enjoyed.Hurrily marching forward to welcome the glorious 2010.
    My heartful wishes to all.
    [​IMG]

6. Arunarc

Dear Saroj
    It is becoz of you we know the importance of each and everyday. Everyday is a day to celebrate.
    Thank you so much for pouring in all the information about the days.
    Lets march towards 2010 to welcome into our life to give all of us loads of happiness.
    Let the light be always be burning into your home.

This is for you dear
    [​IMG]

Dear Padmini
    Thank you for being here till the end of this month and providing us all the information about the days and sharing the lovely pictures with us all.
    Some flowers for the new year to you and your family
    [​IMG]

I hope my Dear friend River Nile will deliver the flowers to you in time:)

7. Arunarc

This one to all the others who participated in the thread and made it a success.
    Thank you friends for being together in 2009 now will look forward to me more with you all in 2010:)

[​IMG]

8. Arunarc

Now today's events.

Make Up Your Mind Day

[​IMG]

New Year's Eve
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna and Saroj,
    with your help I am happy that I also participated in this thread. thank you Aruna for your beautiful flowers.now let us all welcome the "New year with Hopes"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Midnight Fireworks Display

10. Yashikushi

Queeny.
    Lovely thanksgiving boquet.I'm so packed with joy and excitement.

A BIG thanks For you Padma Amma,PadmaM'm,Sara, and to all who made this place a real palace of enjoyment.
    Showering my thanksgiving....

[​IMG]

Lets meet in next month's celebration.Till then enjoy the happiness

[​IMG]