December Duets!!!!!

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Yashikushi, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear buddy,
    can you please send the cake immediately !!!I will have it fully without sharing!!!:):hide:
    with love
    pad

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Pad Ma...am here too to grab that HOT stuff from Queeny.[​IMG]
    Queeny!And this time let me leave Sara in loose.Let her enjoy.:crazy
    Tomorrow is my nephew's(who is from Australia) Birthday.So me too in cake making.Its Party time in my place [​IMG]

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here Padmini and Saroj
    Fresh baked cake from the oven:)
    no idea this is the 1st time my cake after becoming pluffy it has set down in the middle:rantafter cooling.
    Anyway yummy to eat I made one small one for myself to eat:) and the whole one is for my friend.
    Now virtually to all of you espcially to both of you.

Saroj
    Wish your nephew on my behalf MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear buddy,
    Thank you for the wonderful cake!! Enjoyed it till the last bit !!! wish you make cakes like this and send me ,
    Saroj, how about your cake? waiting eagerly to grab it!!!
    Now some cakes:( Christmas)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    eat and enjoy!!!
    with love
    pad

5. Yashikushi

Thats a real treaty feasty cake Queeny.Cake is always a cake fluffy or stuffy....so enjoyed having yours.Hope your Party lunch withyour friend had gone well.
    the reason for the center part bulging in:You have added extra Baking powder.

Mine is perfectly baked.Since today all had too much of sharing.Mine will be tomorrow.
    Thanks for the wishes dearies.

Today is a very, very special day. It's National Pumpkin Pie Day. It's one of America's favorite pies. Pumpkin pie is steeped in holiday tradition. The peak consumption period for pumpkin pie begins at the fall harvest, and lasts all the way through to the Christmas meal and dessert.

One might wonder why have National Pumpkin Pie Day on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, we have yet to find the creator of this day. So, the timing remains a mystery. However, we are thankful for this special recognition, and will certainly have a little pumpkin pie with our whipped cream today

Did you know? There are at least two Christmas songs that sing the tradition of eating pumpkin pie for the holidays. Those songs are Home for the Holidays and Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies,
    here are some pies for you:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh ya Saroj that might be the reason becoz I used self raising flour you need not add baking powder to it but I added a little bit so that makes the difference thanks dear for the tip will remember it next time.
    Waiting for you Cake Saroj. The lunch is today dear will go in the afternoon. Now it is early morning for us....hehehe

Padmini wow what a threat dear enjoyed your cake

National Pumpkin Pie Day.
    [​IMG]

I already provided fresh cake na do you want another one...hehehe
    Here another one to you all
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Boxing Day is celebrated on December 26<sup>th</sup>. It is a statutory holiday in the federal jurisdiction and in Ontario. If it falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, the working day immediately preceding or following Boxing Day is considered a legal holiday.
    Boxing Day, also known as the Feast of St. Stephen (after the first Christian martyr), originated in England in the middle of the nineteenth century under Queen Victoria. It originated as a holiday for members of the merchant class to give boxes containing food and fruit, clothing, and/or money to trades people and servants. The gifts were an expression of gratitude similar to the bonuses many employers offer their employees today. These gifts, usually given in boxes, gave the holiday it's name, "Boxing Day".
    Also related to the origin of Boxing Day is the tradition of opening the alms boxes placed in churches over the Christmas season. The contents of these boxes were distributed amongst the poor, by the clergy, the day after Christmas.
    Today, Boxing Day is a holiday in the United Kingdom, Canada, and many other Commonwealth nations. It is a time for family and friends to gather with lots of food and fun. Outdoor sports such as soccer, horse racing and hunting are popular on this holiday. Retailers offer huge savings on many items on this day, making it the biggest shopping day of the year in Canada.
    Throughout the Christmas season, many organizations keep the original tradition of Boxing Day alive by donating their time, energy, and money to fill the Food Bank and provide gifts for the poor.
    [​IMG]

BRITAIN HUNTING

The Boxing Day hunt in Market Bosworth, England parades through the market town, during the traditional Boxing Day hunts thro ...more »

The Boxing Day hunt in Market Bosworth, England parades through the market town, during the traditional Boxing Day hunts throughout the country Friday Dec. 26, 2008. The battle lines will be drawn Friday as hunters and anti-hunt campaigners converge in the countryside across Britain for the traditional Boxing Day meets. Nearly four years on from the ban on hunting in England and Wales and nearly seven years since the ban was passed in Scotland, opposition over the killing of foxes, deer and hare « less

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> function chkSize() { var srcID = document.getElementById('imagePath'); var img = new Image(); img.src = srcID.src; img.onload = function(){if(img.width>=550)srcID.width="550";} } </script>[​IMG]

9. Yashikushi

Oh what a feasty festive day.....
    Thanks Pad and Queeny for the relishes.
    Yesterday had Chic briyani,cutlets,prawns,custard,cakes in FULL FULL..HOUSEFULL:crazy:crazy
    My cake was engulfed by all before taking snaps...:spin:spin

Boxing Day is celebrated in England, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and other former British commonwealth countries. It is a legal holiday in these countries. This is also St. Stephans Day, where Boxing Day gets some of it's roots. On St. Stephans' Day, churches opened their collection boxes to the poor.

In Britain, Boxing Day is usually celebrated on the following day after Christmas Day, which is 26 December. However, strictly speaking, Boxing Day is the first weekday after Christmas.

Traditionally, 26 December was the day to open the Christmas Box to share the contents with the poor.The Christmas box was a wooden or clay container where people placed gifts.
    An 'Alms Box' was placed in every church on Christmas Day, into which worshippers placed a gift for the poor of the parish. These boxes were always opened the day after Christmas, which is why that day became know as Boxing Day.

Many poorly paid workers were required to work on Christmas Day and took the following day off to visit their families. As they prepared to leave, their employers would present them with Christmas boxes.

During the late 18th century, Lords and Ladies of the manor would "box up" their leftover food, or sometimes gifts and distribute them the day after Christmas to tenants who lived and worked on their lands.

The tradition of giving money to workers still continues today. It is customary for householders to give small gifts or monetary tips to regular visiting trades people (the milkman, dustman, coalman, paper boy etc.) and, in some work places, for employers to give a Christmas bonus to employees.

Schools across the country gather together gifts to be put in Christmas Boxes that are sent to poorer countries.

Today, the giving of boxes includes filling boxes with food and clothing for the needy and performing volunteer work. Monetary gifts to charity are also common.

[​IMG]

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna

I also enjoyed your cake today . It was very tasty.

Dear Saroj

Belated happy birthday to your nephew

A bunch of flowers is setn to wish him
    Many Many Happy Returns
    May each moment, every hour throught the year
    linger in his memory like the fragrance of thse flowers
    Belated Happy Birthday with love

viji

Dear Padmini

Enjoyed your cakes also.

love
    viji