1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Death- Not a Dreaded Word!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 29, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi All!
    Once there was a group of people discussing about road accidents and deaths thereon. Many a times in the cases of fatal accidents, the bodies of dead are beyond recognition. Thus it takes quite some time to establish the identity of the dead and complete the formalities. I was also listening to this conversation. I said, to avoid such a situation, I always carry a note in my purse carrying my identity, numbers to be called in emergency, my blood group and my physician’s name and contact information. I find this quite a ‘Practical Approach’. But there were others who were of the opinion that this is quite a negative approach towards life.
    So my dear friends, here I pose a question to all of you- You tell me whether this is practical to carry your identity along whenever you go out or it is extremely negative to think that you may die before you return home?
    Friends, this has been my general opinion that people consider death as a negative term, a dreaded word. They just don’t want to talk about it. I really don’t understand why is it so? It’s a fact of life that all those who are born are going to die one day. Why are people so scared of death? Is it because they feel that this is the end of everything or because the time of death is not known?
    I have a good habit of squeezing out positive from everything I come across. I and many others like me consider ‘death’ as a new beginning. We just leave our old outer covering and get ready to have a whole new self. So why do we get scared with even the thought of death? The cycle of Birth and Death is inevitable. We all live in this materialistic world and get engrossed in things which make us take birth again and again. Thus we can’t escape the Death and Birth thereon.
    I wanna request all those who are reading this to please consider death as a phenomenon as natural as birth and not have any negative feelings towards it. We do carry all our knowledge in our next incarnation. What we lose is only material in this world but our actual treasure is always carried forward in our next birth.
    So, my question still remains the same; is death a dreaded word or not? Please do pour in your thoughts on this and enlighten me.
    Regs J

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu,
    I really appreciate your outlook regarding death. As we enter this world the departure date is also written in our destiny. No one can escape from death.
    There are people who shudders and get frightened even to see a dead body. Natural death is a phenomenon to watch. I have experienced this during my mil and my mom's death.

Quote:

I always carry a note in my purse carrying my identity, numbers to be called in emergency, my blood group and my physician’s name and contact information. I find this quite a ‘Practical Approach’.

You seem to be a practical person and I do appreciate you.
    Love,
    PS

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear pushpavalli for your loving reply.i believe everybody should do it.regs-anu:)