1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Death is not the greatest loss in life. Loss is when life dies inside you while alive

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 31, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Take chances.. Tell the truth... Learn to say NO...Spend money on the things you love... Laugh till your stomach pains... Dance Even if you are too bad at it... Pose stupidly for photos...Be child-like..... Moral: Death is not the greatest loss in life.. Loss is when life dies inside you while you are alive...- Tupak Shakur

The above quoteAbsolutely true !! I mean the quote.Death is not a loss because it is a known fact that one daywe are going to die. So till we are there we can enjoy life and try to bring a smile on others face. In life we should know how to enjoy even when we are sad and not sit and worry about the loss or anything bad which has happened. God has already written in our fate what should happen and we cant change it. They say Man proposes God disposes. Its so true. Today we had to go for registration with the landlord for this rented house. The land lord told my husband today is 4th saturday and holiday for my wife, so we can go today. We were all set to go and the landlord phoned saying his wife is not well so let us make it next Saturday. His wife thought not to lose a leave but God planned different. That shows nothing is in our hands.

I celebrated both my calendar birthday and star birthday very well and got loads and loads of wishes from everyone, actually to say all over the world because of modern technology but also there was a loss of something valuable which I cant write here and work had to be done losing sleep. But somehow God helped in that and now it is little ok.I am not mentioning about the loss , who lost it and how that person had to struggle , but the loss was in our family only. In life too there will be many losses and at the same gains too, we should not be sad when it is lost and be happy when we gain something. In life there are ups and downs but life moves on and it is in our hands to live every moment in a good manner and do something good .the loss is if the life isn't lived with full zeal and joy... birth and death are the two ends... and in the course of life...ups and downs will happen...but life moves on...and it is our responsibility and only in our control to live every moment !
    The purpose of life is not to make it never-ending because that will never be... the purpose is to make it beautiful for us and for others around us...

We should not kill ourself before death. Everything about life is beautiful... only if we knew how to see it.....

“Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams:--Ashley Smith

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years--Abraham Lincoln
    is so true.-

8 people like this.

2. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Re: Death is not the greatest loss in life. Loss is when life dies inside you while a

Hello Vijima..

Its a beautiful post giving insight to the most important thing in Life... We always in the drive to make our future nice often forget the day "TODAY".. Its like the story of the hard working ant and the lazy grasshopper... The grasshopper liked to live TODAY not thinking about what future is holding, on the other hand the ant is hard working so that he wants the TOMORROW to be beautiful.. For some the Grasshopper way of life is right and for some the Ant way...

In the process of making tomorrow beautiful, people forget to laugh, smile, spend time with family and so on so on...So where and what is the solution? I personally feel, we have to create a balance between the two... Enjoy life as it comes and also work hard for tomorrow....but I also feel, this is well said than done...

Its just my personal thinking...

Love

Swathi

3 people like this.
  3. leena999

leena999 Silver IL'ite

Re: Death is not the greatest loss in life. Loss is when life dies inside you while a

yes, life is beautiful and we should all learn to cherish it and live completely to the best of our ability.

1 person likes this.
  4. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

There is a beautiful song that goes.

"Jab hum paida hua, jag hanse aur hum roya, Aisi karni kar chola, jab hum mare hum hanse aur jag roya" or something close.

When we are born, the world smiles and we cry, live life such that when we die, the world cries and we should laugh.

1 person likes this.
  5. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

Completely agree! Sometimes it takes an incident to makes us realize what we missed out on.

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Swati dear thanks for the first like and thought provoking fb. Ya let us enjoy the today, today only becomes yesterday tomorrow and tomorrow will become today and let us enjoy the todays

7. iyerviji

Leena dear welcome to my thread and thanks for your fb and glad to get your fb and to agree with me

8. iyerviji

Bharad dear thanks for the lovely song and true we should live in such a way that when we die people should miss us and cry for us

9. iyerviji

Welcome to my thread and glad you agree with me. True later only we realise what we missed in life

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

You often impart some gems to make our lives better. This one is surely one such valuable advise.

Some people seem to see everything with pessimism while others like our own SunNa is able to look at the rainbow inspite of many serious problems in life. It is terrible to see so many going for drugs or even suicide at the slightest set back in life.

Yes, count the life in your years. I must say you are able to scout for the choicest quotes and bring it to us. I always enjoy them!

Congrats on being nominated to FP for this post by Racr!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.