1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dear I'Lites

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, May 4, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear I'Lites:

Quite recently I had the opportunity of reading a thread started out by Balajee on "Overcrowding in Heaven". It was the author himself who drew my attention to it and I am thankful to him for this.

I understand that I might have caused offence to many of you by comparing the "style and content" of Balajee's post to that of a widely respected writer in this forum.

The writer in question was embarrassed to no end. I lacked subtlety, especially so since this was not the first time that I had openly expressed my admiration for him.

I apologise to all of you for having made the remark. As was rightly pointed out, each person here has a distinctive style and one should not pick anyone out in particular for comparison.

I was impressed by Balajee's unique style as well as content. No more, no less. Yet, I wrote this out in the form of an fb that had little other than coarseness and vulgarity to offer.

Do forgive me.

I shall always remember the warmth of your friendship.

Sincerely,

Dipankar Dasgupta

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oj-da,

I had to move this post from FP forum to here where it is more relevant.

I don't think that anyone has misconstrued your intentions. We are all sure that you meant it in good spirit. But as the saying goes, an overdose of too much good can also be unpalatable. Luckily, we all have the freedom of expression and hopefully all of us are mature enough to give space when required.

Now let us get back into the business of enjoying each other's posts, blogs, ideas and thoughts without further ado.

I, like many others here, eagerly await your next contribution.

L, Kamla

3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

@ kamla

Thanks for the reassuring note.

I think it's best that I restrict myself to writing fb's alone at IL. Writing my own posts creates unhappiness because I start expecting someone or the other to read and comment. As soon as you do this, you open up a Pandora's Box. As you know, it was Hope alone that didn't escape from the box.

There's no point writing threads. I can alway make people happy and keep myself not not-happy if I write fb's alone.

I want to read people the way you do and comment.

Love.

oj-da

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ da

I think everyone here will like to read your threads. So we will be waiting for your next blog.

Regards
    viji