dear i'lites pls help me with your temple knowledge,urgent.

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by asdfg, Dec 21, 2008.

1. asdfg

asdfg New IL'ite

Hi All:)
    i m planning to go to tirupati and cholingar(lord narasimhar) very soon, this is the first time we are going there, so anybody who is going there often and anyone who knows all pooja methods please help me with your ideas.now let me tell all what are the things i want to know from all of you i'lites, i heard there are so many poojas and rules is there.....

like..... in tirupati, people used to apply the turmeric and kumkum for the steps and some people will light the camphor on each step, and in cholingarh, we have to stay there and do pradakshinam for 108 times each day)

for what purpose one can do that pooja method? (in tirupati )and how much haldi and kumkum i can take with me and should i make a paste of haldi and apply or just as powder form i have to spread, and how many hours it takes can i carry it or can i buy it from there?

and in cholingar (minimum )how many days i can stay and do that pradakshinam,(108 times)is there any decent rooms available in cholingar with moderate charges and what are the things i should carry with me for cooking because i heard for doing like this i should eat food cooked by me,can i eat food cooked by my mother those days of pooa and in between if i get my monthly periods where can i stay?any slokas to be chant during 108 pradakishanam? what sloka?

and in tirupathi what is the procedure for the steps pooja and can i carry the stove for cooking? or can i get the stove and vessels for cooking?,(for rent ) or any good hotel at affordabel cost. and their names.

should i visit the alamelumangai thayar in thiruchaanoor and boovaraagar first before i meet lord balaji? please i want to follow everything as per rules, so please all of you guide me with your valuable opinions and ideas. please share with me soon,then i can book the tickets, please tell me where to stay in both tirupathi and cholingar and which place should do kalyana utsavam? whether tirupathi or thiruchaanoor ? i m eagerly expecting a lot of replies from all the i 'lites, please help me,:help
    thank you so much in advance:thankyou2:
    loving
    puppy

2. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

For darshan at tirumala; you have to book a ticket in advance, mostly 1 week is enough(If that day is not a special)Tickets are rs.50,100,200, and so forth(If kalyana votsavam then this is not needed), There is also free darshan. At chennai you can book at TTD center at t.nagar.The web address etirupati(dot)com/ttd(dot)htm(http://www.etirupati.com/ttd.htm), Every person who wants to have a darshan has to physically come to the ttd office to give his finger prints(you cannot book like cinema theatre ticket). I don't know which place you are residing, because if there is TTD information center available at your nearest place, contact them and ask them whether you can book tickets for darshan.(Also if you want you can book tickets for rooms) If yes, then All the members who want to visit need to go to TTD office give their finger prints and inform the date and time of darshan. If you do not have TTD office nearby, arrive at tirupathi bus stand or railway station, Book a ticket for darshan(if you are lucky you can get darshan ticket for the next day, else a couple of days late). Free darshan takes around 12 hours to 8 hours, Food, milk,water,toilet facilities are supplied freely at free darshan. Once you go to tirumala at the darshan time, you will be sent to a room, there you have to wait till the queue gets completed. For darshan of 50/- it takes atleast 4 hours. Here also you will be accomodated in a room. Till the queue is over you have to wait in this room.(No food will be provided here since it is only for 4 hours).
    From tirupathi to tirumala
    Total STEPS 3550; it takes around 4hours(for me) to reach only by walking. If you want to apply tumeric and kumkum to each step, please calculate extra time accordingly. Please buy kumkum and tumeric at your local place, because at tirupathi you cannot keep searching where to purchase(From pin to everything please bring along with you).As for as lighting camphor i do not suggest it(This is my suggestion and not practice), because camphor is not a hindu tradition. Only ghee deepam was lit in the yester years, today only pacha karpuram i think is the non-pollutant one. Also most of the temples ban ligting of camphor because of darkening of the temple walls. Alight at tirupathi, take a bus or auto to aliphiri(the place where steps starts), From there you can start doing padi pooja. At alipiri there is a free facility for transportation of luggage to the tirumala. Ask the timings at the counter, calculate your travel time and plan accordingly. Now deposit all the luggages except essential things like milk(If you are carrying baby) and water bottle and pooja items for padi pooja so that you will be free of burden.

No private Boarding is allowed, everything is under TTD control, so book in advance at ttd counter near your city. Also lots of chatrams(large halls) are available for free, where free bathrooms with hot water are available.There are very good toilet facilities, blankets for rs.10/- rental are available. So no problem even if you do not have rooms, during darshan there is free luggage(including cellphone) deposit at thirumala. ALso private locker for rs.150/- is available(I don't recommend this).

Cooking is not feasible at thirumala, because you cannot find any provision stores there. There is free food at thirumala(at halls) which is far more better than hotels, also food at hotels is at moderate one. But still if you want to cook, then get provision at thirupathi.(I don't recommend this at tirupathi, because for an auspisious journey you should not carry kerosene which is required along with stove)

should i visit the alamelumangai thayar in thiruchaanoor and boovaraagar first before i meet lord balaji?-- please ask your relatives or enquire your elders as to what is your family practice followed at tirupathi.

which place should do kalyana utsavam?-- please ask your relatives or enquire your elders, To do kalyana votsavam at tirumala book in advance.

If you love tirumala very much you can do angapradhashanam(Book ticket in advance at TIRUMALA ONLY during the previous night), You have take bath(at pushkarni if you like) need to stand in the queue with wet clothes, If you want you can do angapradhashanam or you can just do a circle of the temple, But you can have a very good darshan early in the morning.

For more details visit (tirumala(dot)org) http://www.tirumala.org/

3. newnewgen

newnewgen Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    At sholinganallur, there are two hill temples, one is narasimha swamy and another one is anjaneyar swamy temple. Narasimha swamy temple has 500 steps, and anjaneyar swamy has 300 steps(I am not accurate here so forgive me),First visit the narasimha swamy temple and then visit anjaneyar swamy temple.
    Very good lodging are available at sholinganallur, before booking a room enquire whether you can cook your own food or not. Hence choose boarding accodingly. Choose a boarding which is near to the temple hills.
    For cooking carry with you stove and utensils, kerosene will be available also all grocery items will be available near the temple hills.

in cholingar (minimum )how many days i can stay and do that pradakshinam--- according to your wish or ask your family elders or your relatives as per your family tradition and customs.

any slokas to be chant during 108 pradakishanam? what sloka?--- THere are slokas and books available near the temple hills, just buy it. (In tamil)

But during the month of karthigai(nov 15-dec 15) the sholinganallur temple is very famous, it is said only during this month the god keeps his eyes open.

4. asdfg

asdfg New IL'ite

hi newnew gen....
    thank you so much for your ideas, i m so sorry for this late reply, please forgive me, everytime i will jus open my id and quickly closed it due to lack of time,today i opened just to send you a thank you note. by reading your replies i felt so happy because it contains all details which i require. it will be useful for me when i go to darshans, you spent your valuable time and sent me those replies.please accept my belated thanks. hope you will read this reply. bye bye
    cheers,
    puppy.