dear chennaites!!!

Discussion in 'Housing' started by priyapraveendvs, Jun 13, 2009.

1. priyapraveendvs

priyapraveendvs Bronze IL'ite

hi chennaits!!!

i m priya i stay at alwarpet around mylapore.please sugest me one thing, my husband office is at sholingnagar . my father inlaw office is royapettha. , my husband comes at 8:30 so i want him to come early to home so i said him to change at thirunvan mayur. even i don know about this place as i am very new to chennai. but my inlaws refusing that no place is good and posh like alwarpet.. as in tiruvanmayur will losw currenta nd bad area and no facilities.. is it rit??? there isno place <INPUT type=hidden name=IL_MARKER>in chennai which is better like alwarpet place... please tell me .. i just want to know whether these people making me bluff ? saying we don get maids in thirunvanmayur and adyar... very dirty places costly rents and powercuts... wil be there..is it so.. my siste inlaw saty next to us... for her she don want to change place but my problem i smy husband is coming at 8:30 leaves at 7:00 in morning...
    please tell,now we are paying 12000 to house as rent

2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi mate,

From my POV, i would suggest you to have a look into adyar side. Am not sure about the frequent power cuts in thiuruvanmiyur.

But one thing is sure. Powercuts are everywhere now. :biglaugh

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hey Priya

Who ever said Adyar is bad ? come on ... for the kind of rent that you are paying . I am sure you will get a decent flat in adyar .. even the building next to mine there is a flat .. if you are interested i could get some details for you .

I dont know why your inlaws dont want you to move .. but moving to adyar and surrounding areas would be the best thing to do for some one who is working at Sholinganallur

cheers

Bhooma

4. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Alwarpet is defnitely one of the posh & costliest places in Chennai.

For people who have been in Alwarpet for quite a long time, they will defnitely find the move difficult. But, since your husband is working in SHOL, you may consider Adyar, Velachery, Tiruvanmaiyur.

Adyar is a posh area too. You may try speal to your ILs the reason why you want to move. They may not take it rightaway - but they may yield.

ALL THE BEST.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Are your in-laws serious? My grandmother-in-law lives in Thiruvanmiyur in one of the posher locales. Good water, nice view, fantastic neighbours who care a lot for them. It really depends on the kind of rapport you build with who is around you and who come to work for you.
    If your in-laws have an issue because they own the current house and moving to another on rent will cause problems, then that is a very genuine concern as far as chennai goes. But if you are looking at posher suburbs, I can tell you straight away the rent you pay is just not worth the trouble because they do not have facilities like the city - in our case no proper drinking water, no garbage collection - step out of your posh house into a mile high trash, power supply is extremely erratic - two of our three phases current has constant fluctuation problem and our TV went kaput a couple of years ago because of that.

6. vinovinmail

vinovinmail New IL'ite

Why do you think about shifting to Thiruvanmiyur? Think about shifting to Sholinganallur itself so that he can come immediately after starting from his office?

7. Sridevi

Sridevi Bronze IL'ite

Adyar / Thiruvanmiyur are very good places to live - 2 of my friends live there. Unless you have school going children for which you are staying at Alwarpet, you can consider shifting your residence. Also consider Besant Nagar / Indra Nagar which are posh areas and are near to Adyar......

8. Karthik12

Karthik12 New IL'ite

Valmiki Nagar in Tiruvanmiyur will be best suitable for you if you are looking for a Posh area.