1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing With Relatives

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by abcd5, May 5, 2020.

1. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

12 years back I went against my parent’s wish and married my husband and most of my relatives (Mom’s siblings and dad’s siblings) stopped talking with me. After that, I never tried to talk with any of my relatives. I was only talking with my parents and my siblings and my relatives lives in a different country than my parents. Recently I started talking with my relatives and I am not able to deal with all the family dramas/ politics. Because of the long gap I lost all my skills to deal with my relatives and I was happy when I was not talking with any of them, so I want to cut all my ties with my relatives again. Is this right approach to live a life? Any advice?

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Most of the time..Relatives means politics..unfortunately..

If you want to keep in touch..keep a distance.Anyways.. it is just phone calls.
    Talk once in a while or just type messages in watsapp. Boundaries are any day better.Also,it’s been so many years..so it will take time for everything to get used to.

abcd5 likes this.
  3. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Anika.
    Yes, it will take time.
    Here after I am planning to set boundaries and keep a distance from them. Thank you.

anika987 likes this.