1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Lawyers Tell No Tales by Randy Singer

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Mohur, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Mohur

Mohur Gold IL'ite

Dead lawyers may not tell any tales, but I found the title of the book quite telling.

While what seems to be open and shut case, lawyers associated with it are dropping dead like flies. And amidst it all is our protagonist, Landon, a lawyer with a not so clean record and with an unusual mentor. With a prison record, an upcoming reporter for a wife and a baby girl, Landon has more to lose than anyone. After losing his mentor to the case, Landon is more determined to solve this case before not only he loses in the courtroom and his marriage. But is his skill and determination enough or will he be the next on the list of dead lawyers?

The story starts with a surprise and holds on to that element till the very end. A gripping tale told gracefully, this is certainly a page turner. While I was able to guess a few of the aspects, but the author had more shockers in store. The fast pace and the intriguing quality of the plot are enough to keep a hold on any reader. To top that off was the character of our protagonist, Landon. I really enjoyed reading about him. What with his seedy past, people would really underestimate the guy. The imperfect shades of his character make him all too more real to the readers, because really, who in real life is perfect? Also, when his wife Kerri is thrown into the mix, things get more interesting as Landon is not only pitted against another in the court but also at home since Kerri is an reporter who needs the scoop.

Overall, an interesting read where the pages just fly by.

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Your review has piqued my interest. Thank you Mohur, will read it sometime soon.