1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DD wants to wear Rudhraksha!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Soldier, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear mallika,
    I don't know wearing rudraksha is gender specific.But my nephew used to wear it with a silver chain because someone said it helps him getting better in studies etc. As K2S said ,there must be varieities of rudrakshas and the one i told you about can be wore by any student .May be your DD was asking you about this kind of rudraksha.

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

just my opinion but I think she should be able to wear it if she really wants to.

My father had a rudraksha necklace. Since my father passed away years ago, I still take out the necklace and wear it myself. sometimes i wear it because it goes with my outfit...at other times, just because i want to remember my dad.

As for the part of it belonging to Lord Siva, and that only women who have reached menopause.....i don't buy that. I was made by these Hindu Gods (through my parents, of course...LOL) and I am sure that they will accept me with periods or without....so why should that stop me from being closer to them. Maybe its because i grew up here that I've never accepted that way of thinking. The Gods made me the way I am, so they should accept me in this way.

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Dear Soldier,

If it gives happiness then let she wear it.

I fully respect the views given by ilites here.

There is no harm in wearing - that's my opinion.

Can you believe the Chinese are manufacturing Rudraakshaas & many other religious stuffs & marketing world wide.

They see it a business opportunity. Your daughter sees it as an oppurtunity to satisfy her wishes.

Get her one & one for yourself.

Your DH is worried how would he manage to spend the 3000 Crores in 30 days which your family will inherit as in the Rajini Movie Arunaachalam. :biglaughThe story begins with the Rudhraaksha breaking lose from Rajini's Chain.

She is not asking for an IPhone to talk to Lord Shiva to seek his permission to wear a Rudhraakshaa. If that's the case one of the telephone service providers would launch an offer - Reliance to Rudhraakshaa - Free Calls - between 0000 Hrs to 0400 Hrs on Sivaraathri days.:)

4. rai

rai Platinum IL'ite

Now a days many feel that rudhraksha can be worn by woman. Pancha muki is the most common one and in some meditation classes, a pancha muki mala is given to all the participants. Rudhraksha has medicinal and spiritual value. It is better to follow the rituals when it is first worn and treat it with respect. can be removed when you go to bed and also on period times. your DD is blessed to show great interest in it.
    rai

5. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thank u Viji Aunty.

Sorry for the belated reply. I think I have to repeat this to all who have stepped in here. Was very busy for the past few days and whatever time I could steal was devoted to giving fbs for other posts. Did not enter A-Z, Vowels and this one for replies for a long time.

I think since Sudha has seen all the fbs here, she is already prepared to go get one.

Thanks once again.

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thank u Meenakshi.

Sorry for the belated reply. I think I have to repeat this to all who have stepped in here. Was very busy for the past few days and whatever time I could steal was devoted to giving fbs for other posts. Did not enter A-Z, Vowels and this one for replies for a long time.

I think since Sudha has seen all the fbs here, she is already prepared to go get one.

Thanks once again.

7. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi K2S. Thanks dear.

Sudha was very feeling very happy with ur fb and she is waiting to get one shortly. She is a nextgen gal so cannot stand any sort of discrimination between girls and boys.

Thanks once again.

8. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the belated reply.
    She liked the tone of your fb as quoted above. I am planning to go and get her one.

9. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thank u Kamalji.

U r one of ILites whom Sudha is familiar with and she njoyed ur feed back so much that is why quoted above. Yeah will get one for her shortly.

She makes it a point to read all ur threads that I read.

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Meenakshi Rajan,

Thank u for stepping here.

I too do not know the benefits. am gathering views from here only.