1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DD wants to wear Rudhraksha!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Soldier, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

My daughter is an ardent devotee of Shiva. For the past two years she's been pestering us to get her a Rudhraksha.

My husband is against this. His opinion is that only males and among females, those who have had their menopause, only can wear Rudhraksha for that has got some divinity and certain poojas and strict discipline to be followed.

But she keeps on saying that she wants one - has even showed us proof from some religious books that there is no harm in wearing.

Today I visited my Mom and she too opined that my daughter cannot wear it.

I said don't worry I will find out from IL.

Hence would like to have ur views here friends.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soldier

I am also of the opinion that Rudraksha is mostly worn by male and women who have attained menopause. Just make her understand that.

love
    viji

3. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Soldier,
    Even i have the same opinion like Viji Madam. I think you can slowly explain her. I know it is not an easy thing.
    Meenakshi

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Soldier

I love rudraksha too. Not because I am a Shiva bhakt, but I just love it.
    I have heard that there are different types of rudraksh - single faced, double, triple..etc etc till about 12 or 13 maybe ( I am not too sure here ) and each of them are believed to have certain qualities which are beneficial to all irrespective of gender. One of them is known to benefit women too by regulating menstrual cycle (I remember reading this on the net sometime back). So I don't think they are to be used by men only. Women can wear them too looks like it. I know that single faced one is very very expensive. I would like to find out too if everyone can use it or not.......

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi soldier,

frankly i came here to say that if she wants to wear one why not? But very surprised to see that one is not supposed to do so.There are many boy girl things that i am quite wary off.Girls are not allowed to do so many things that it is quite irritating..if what shree says is true then all females must wear one no?

i remember hearing vaguely that rudraksham and coral have therapeutic value but honestly not much knowledge on the subject to advise :) so i should shut up but came in to say it is a interesting thread and am sure to enjoy the discussion..:thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mallika,

I have really noidea of Rudraksha.No one in my family wore it, so just no idea.

But i feel, with the changing times today, for her it is a ornament, a necklace to wear, so why not ? Have not the olden generation, changed these days, to use the mobile and the computer, and travelling by planes , instead of trains, wo why not change themindset.

And besides Mallika, dont u think God has better things to do, like keeping a watch on the Taliban, the terrorists, and otehrs, rather than see who is wearing the Rudraksha or not ?:drowning

My take, let her do it if it makes her happy.

Regards

kamal

7. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

Can someone here in this forum explain in detail the benefits of wearing it?
    I always wanted to know.

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soldier,
    I really wonder or rather surperised to know about your DD' intention of wearing " Rudraksham"
    As far as I know,
    Rudraksha Beads can be worn by everyone, irrespective of sex, age, religion etc and it helps to overcome problems and obstacles in life. Rudraksha Beads does not have any negative effects.The instinct to wear or worship rudraksha is a sign of blessing by Lord Shiva during preceding births (this is quoted in one of the ancient scriptures.But there are some rules to fallow.Anybody can wear Rudrakshas with a pure heart.Make sure there is no rahu kaal & yamghat kaal at time of buying a new mukhi rudraksh bead/mala & the time of doing its Pran Prathistha puja & also at the time of wearing energised rudraksh bead/mala for the first time,do pls refer to panchag.

• Never touch rudraksh with dirty hands.

• Never touch rudraksh with pointer fingers.

• Do not keep displaying ur rudraksh to any one & everyone, it should be hidden well belowyour clothing, Rudraksh is not a object of fashion to display to everyone.

These Rudraksha beads hold great value to only those, who consider it as great. It has more to do with your belief and how you feel about a Rudraksha. If she feels, she can remove it during her periods.

with love
    pad

<table class="txt" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tptxt" height="30" valign="top" width="92%">
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="tptxt" align="center" height="30" width="8%">. </td> <td class="tptxt" height="30" width="92%">
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="tptxt" align="center" height="30" width="8%">
    </td> <td class="tptxt" height="30" width="92%">
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="tptxt" align="center" height="30" width="8%">
    </td> <td class="tptxt" height="30" width="92%">
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="tptxt" align="center" height="30" width="8%">.</td> <td class="tptxt" height="30" width="92%">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

9. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mallika
    Many women wear Rudraksha for the medicinal effects. Humans are humans, male or female should not make any difference where medicinal effect is concerned.
    Here in Karnataka, at least in our clan, we do not have such restrictions.

When I visited Rishikesh, even the shopkeeper near the holy Mutt, gave me a rudraksha to wear as a locket saying its beneficial for mental peace and good health.
    Here, even women of the Veerashaiva community, wear the shivalingam on a sacred string always.

I think it all depends on the individual's beliefs.

10. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Hi Mallika,
    There are different types of varieties in Rudrasksha. there are specific Rudhraksha which can be worn my females.
    There is no harm in wearing..
    My Mom has one at India, i have also worn that. One my uncle got it from himalaya, which can be worn by women..