1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DD very emotional

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by katochsimi, Sep 7, 2013.

1. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

Hello freinds..
    I have DD (4.5yrs) and she is in UKG..her school is good and i know her teachers also personally they teach very politely and softly and never presurise for studies.
    at home also i never force her for studies or HW or tests and make her do as per her convenience..
    since last month i m noticing some change in her..she has become very emotional on small small things (school or personal front) and starts crying
    i.e last week her surprise test on MYSELF was there in school and she was not able to write..her maam said learn it and will take tomorrow (not scolded) but after coming home she started crying and said wont go to school tomorrow and all . and then wrote so many times and practiced the same and then next day morning aslo before going she did so many times practice and i can see that TENSION of not able to write on her face...though everyone was pround on her sincerity but being mother i can see that tension..
    todya in PTM i spoke to her teacher so she said that she has become emotional in school also and i was only going to ask u reason for that..if some test is there she goes in tension mode and starts cring... :(
    before this she was so happy going girl ..never takes tension for anything and was favourite student of all teacher and use to just enjoy and enjoy without any feel of responsiblity..
    one more thing..though i never force her on studies but she stays with her granny (my mother) till i return from office and my mohter always tell her "do well then u will get star..ur teacher will say wow so nice and will give u compliment" and like "if u dont do then ur teacher will scold and then this and that.."
    i thought that it is motivation for children to make them write good nad neat. and she has such a perfection in work and handwriting and so much neat work
    But quys please help me where i went wrong and how can i make her strong and not study tension...
    hope u can understand worry of mohter....
    PLS PLS helpp me ..m i over reacting and how ot handle and give her self consling......
    1) is this ok or normal and just a phase of time
    2) as i have also become matured soon and my habbit is `alos like to be perfectionist..has she adobted that from me..(by nature)
    3) how to divert her mind and make her like early happy going girl....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013

2. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

guys ur feedback as usual will help me to come out of this stree.....

i guess...no solution for my post :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  3. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

I think, its just a phase....

Maybe the benchmark that has been set for her is too high.. I mean she expects herself to excel everytime, and the fear of failure maybe is getting onto her nerves..

My DD is like that, she gets so obsessed with her assignments and school work.. and gets so tensed till the time she finishes it.. She always wants to be on the good books of her teachers.. That matters a lot and lot to her..

What I do is, make her study whatever she has to, then divert her with something else.. like make her watch tv (she doesnt even like tv if she has school work), take her out somewhere.. So that she is not obsessed with her studies..

And plus giving enough confidence that she is very bright and test is just like a breeze, nothing to worry..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  4. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

thanks dear...just ur one reply has made me lighter...thanks

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Might be she gets these genes from her beloved mom...:)..perfection..

Dont worry dear...She would understand if you talk with her..since she bahaves like this recently, this might be just a phase...tell her that she is a little kid she is doing more than what she can...encourage her....

My DD would stop her drwaing if she doesnt like it means if she feels that she started scribbling , she wont touch it again she would start other drawing..kids are like this..so dont worry too much..ask her if something is disturbing her...all the best..

1 person likes this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Communication is the best remedy.
    Talk to your child more often about what she does in the school.Ask her about her friends.She might point towards something that has hurt her emotionally recently.
    And yes at times children do develop such emotional attitude for no reasons at all.
    What your mother said is not bad...it would definitely encourage the child.But then i hope its not said many times a day because then the child will start reacting to it negatively.
    My son was recently very emotional after he learnt that ppl who die dont go to another planet infact they just disappear and that no one meets them ever after that.
    It took me a lot of time to make him understand that it is a part and parcel of life.
    We find such things funny but then you never know how the child would react to a situation.

Take care

2 people like this.
  7. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

thanks prana and dinny ....:)
    ya she said long back that one of her freinds said and made fun of her saying that u have done such bad drawing and all..so now she became very sensitive to it..
    in fact yesterday night only she was saying i wont go to school remove my name and all and i made her normal and told her calmly that test r just for time pass nothing to take it serious and all...whole day she is normal but at night she becomes tensed and in sleep also yesterday was saying test test....:(