1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DD is happy being single...touchwood!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Happy2be, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Was reading a discussion thread in the section "it is good to have a single child" and felt like sharing this conversation between me and DD, once her school reopened after summer vacations...
    A week after the school began after the summer vacations, yup its a long time back story just didn’t find time to come up with.

Okay, so there comes DD – Mumma, why don’t we have a small baby in our house?

Hmmm? WHat? WHy? Where did this come up from?

Mumma, my classmate was saying she didn’t feel like coming to school even after so many holidays because she used to play whole day with her brothers and sisters, when I was telling her that I got so bored and really wanted to get back to school….she came up with a sad face.

Hey, so thats lovely, isn’t it?!! You love your school, enjoy being there.

Yes…I love my school but I was thinking what if we also had another baby to play with me. It would have been so nice na.

Hmmm…so what would you have played with the another baby?

Doll Doll!!

And what if it was not his/her choice??Okay before that what baby it should have been – boy or girl?

mmm…girl!! Then, we would have shared everything and played similar games.

Hmmm…but you dont gel well with the upstairs girl of your age. You 2 keep fighting whenever you get together. What if you didn’t gel with the another baby girl? What if she always insisted to have your favourite things or spoilt your game? Boy is better na?

NO NO NO…I dont like boys. They are so naughty and always keep jumping and running. They never listen to anyone.NO NO NO!

hmm..then what if the another baby was a boy?!!

DD serious, turns to me – Mumma, who decides it would be a boy or a girl?

God does.

How?

mmm…its a lucky draw!!

DD convinced but yet more questions to come my way…

Okay mumma but who decides how many kids…why does someone has 1, someone has 2, someone has 3 ?

Ahem…ahem.. actually DD, God has some criterias to decide this and final decision is taken by the elder child of the family, like you.

What criteria Mumma ?

Like God has a list of questions, just like you get in your booklets, tick mark yes or no types. The family fills those and at the end every member has to sign and the main sign is of the elder child. Then God makes a note of all that in our individual books that he maintains and keeps a check whether we and specially the elder child is keeping to those promises or not.

What are the usual questions like Mumma?

ummm… like, say, and there we have a pen and paper for the ticking

- would you let the baby sleep with your mom and papa and yourself get either to your room or the separate mattress on the floor?

- would you let mumma feed the baby food first and start eating yours by yourself?

- would you mind skipping your cartoon when its baby’s sleep time?

- would you mind if baby pees on your favourite dress?

- would you be fine if out in market mumma says, ” Not this time baby. This time we need to shop for the baby.”

- would you be okay if Papa gets back bit later from work and mumma needs to work a bit extra?

- would it be okay if sometime we say that we might not be able to continue your dance classes because of time setting or something?

- is your mom healthy enough to take good care of 2 or 3 kids?

- do your mom dad have enough time to spend with you and also the new child?

- would it be acceptable to you to have glass full of milk twice daily within 5 minutes so that baby learns the same from you. See Sammie, then you would be DIDI na…you will have to grow up, get responsible so that the baby picks the same from you.

Ohhh…Mumma, Please stop !!

What happened?

Nothing and DD’s playing with her barbies. DD sharing toys each time and being ready to let them break too !!

DD ignores me..Mumma, does Barbie really exist?

No baby.

And aunt Milicent?

mm..No.

mmm…and Paris?

Yes, its a place just like Delhi, Chandigarh…

Mumma..I wanna go to Paris. How can we? Is it far?

Yup, its very far.

Then we can go in a rocket?

We can go in an aeroplane. Pray to God that he gives lots of work to mumma papa and we be able to save enough to take you to Paris.

How much money is needed Mumma?

mmm…That much that would be paid for your 1st, 2nd and 3rd standard fees, books, dolls etc. Ask God to give us work and we will work to get money.

No, Mumma… neither do I need a baby nor do I wish to go to Paris!!!

Why, what happened..see we can have a baby if you tick mark those…yes sometimes they can be skipped you know, just sometimes. And then, we will write a request letter to God and attach this note with your sign and send it to him.

How can we send a letter to God?!!!

You see boxes in temples, gurudwara and all na. SOme people put money in it which goes to the needy, some put their request letters. Then the God’s assistant reads the letters and prioritywise he forwards them to God to read. SO if you say yes, we can do so and have another baby !! You’ll have a company for yourself. What say?

No Mumma, no need…..whenever Masi(chhoti mumma) gets her baby na, I’ll go to stay with her to play..otherwise also if some friend comes to my place daily or some cousin comes for long stay, I get bored and we start fighting. Sometimes is okay !!! (Mom surprised !!!)

DD continues – And also then when I’ll ask you to play Cinderella with me, you will say..I have fed you..now its baby’s turn…or you will give me the duty…Then you will say - your homework is over DD, now its baby’s turn….Then, you’ll say…I am tired now and then if I will insist, you will get angry at me.

And then you will work more and again get tired..papa will also work more..you both will leave me to play with baby and wont take me out regularly with you.

And how about Paris DD?

Na, I’m just good this way Mumma !!

Paris means Papa will work so much..if God gives you so much work then you won’t have time to take me to Mall also, then how will we go to Paris?

No DD, we will also get holidays from work.

No, Mumma…I’m okay going for rides to District Centre with both of you. I don’t want Paris and when masi will get a baby, that baby will also be my another baby na…Just like I call masi and mausu ‘chhoti mumma and chhote papa’, baby when it comes, will also call you that way..so that means we will be sisters or brother sister. If its a girl…i’ll share my clothes and dolls with her. If its a boy, I will make rakhis for him…But Mumma, I will ask God that if he is giving a boy, he should be as cute as the Ice Age baby, only then I will love him… ROFL !!

So, my sweetie pie just doesn’t want to compromise mumpa’s (as she calls us together) time and attention for just anything on the earth…till yet !! :)

19 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

That's just soooooo sweet. So so so sweet. Love the way she calls you two, mumpas.

2 people like this.
  3. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

Omg so cute.... That was so cute... It shows what a wonderful parents you are... God bless :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

thanks rakhi..passionate. Parenting makes every parent wonderful I believe. All put in their best possible :)

1 person likes this.
  5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear happytobe
    Nice to see you back in this forum... Such a sensible DD you have Happytobe Give my Hugs and kisses to her

1 person likes this.
  6. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Conversations with these cutie pies are the best stress busters in the world.

2 people like this.
  7. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Happy2b,
    it was such a pleasure reading your post!! loved it!! specially the "mumpa" thing!!

1 person likes this.
  8. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Very cute baby n very nice narration. Mumpa is the best :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Simplicity11

Simplicity11 Silver IL'ite

Oh my God this is so wonderful! I have tears in my eyes as I write.. tears of joys! Your daughter is adorable!!! I just love reading posts like these.. how old is your daughter?? You are just such a great Mom! and she is such a darling!

10. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

wow thats very nice conversation.............how old is she ?