1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Days of bliss, humility and humanity

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ria2006, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I know pain never sits good on any of us. But it never leaves us without adding any wisdom and humanity to us.

So here I am ready to go in pain all over again. My knee is doing fine. But to ensure it's safety and longevity I am undergoing the surgery. It may ruin my current peace, but short term pain is better than a long term fear.

No one like going under the knife. But each time you get it, you cannot thank your doctor enough. Because he /she gave you another chance on life , hope and normalcy. Imagine having to live with a limp knee, if there was no ACL surgery available. I can imagine the horror having seen it live. Every turn, every jump, every move will have to be watched for rest of life, if you didnt have it.
    So thanks doc! whoever researched it, studied it, practiced it.. My big revered bow to your undying desire to understand the mystery called life and organism.

If we didnt have questions,
    we would never have solutions
    If we didnt have frustrations,
    we would never have improvements
    If we did not have failures
    We would never try for perfections
    And last but not least
    If we didnot have hope
    we would never be able to get through life.

I have surgery on coming friday morning. Hence I may be off for a day or two. It depends how bored it may feel or how bearable pain is, until I place my finger on my laptop..

Till then folks..
    Bye
    Ria

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ria,

As a person who has been under the knife for almost 5 times, I can understand what it is and what you are going through. all the best for your surgery. pray to god. you will be fine and dancing by valentine...

3. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hi ria
    all the best for your surgery. i am praying for your good health. and dont stop informing us with your blogs. keep it coming ;)

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Ria,

Let me pray to GOD that you come out of the operation successfully without knowing any pains... Having the experience of standing outside the operation theatre with full of tension and concerns and praying, for quite a number of times..... Our best wishes are there for you.....

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

ria
    let me correct your last couplet.

we would never be able to get through life,
    If we did not have hope.

now isnt it great, dont worry even my daughter went through this and she is as active as she is for her age, and we all pray for your speedy and wonderful recovery

6. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi,
    All the Best ti you surgery and wishing you a very speedy and healthy recovery

Regards
    Sri

7. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Another addition to your couplet (in zest of course)..
    If there was no skiing there wouldn't be Ria's injured knee! :)
    Of course, knowing you, I am sure you would've found another equally active hobby to test your knee!
    You'll do great with the surgery and the recovery. You will be galloping soon like your horse.
    Wish you the best.
    SS

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    Good luck for your surgery......and get well soon.....we will miss your write ups in IL.......so dear, take care .
    Bye.

9. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

shanvy, Swtsvn,Vysan,Sunkan,srivatsa,SS, Meeta
    Thanks for loving thoughts and wishes. It does bring a smile whenever we read dear ones' messages.
    cheers
    Ria

SS, For skiiing couplet, It would not apply in my case, because I push my body in all directions.
    I had been a marathon runner since college for couple fo years.. I was actually thinking of
    doing it again this year.Then I practice dance a lot. And not to forget rollerblading training..
    So there were plenty of chances to hurt it anyway.

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    All the very best for ur knee surgery....hope u recover very soon and are able to dance again.....ha ha...i mention only dance since i am a dancer and i too had knee problem....but did not go into surgery....tried self healing etc. It is okay only but not completely alright.

So all the very best and get back to IL soon. You will be in my prayers too.