1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daylight savings - Reason to love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ranganayaki, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

From the dull, dark evening to bright, fun evening - this is my biggest reason to love Daylight savings. Even if its 6pm, it feels like there's a lot more that could be achieved before dinner time.

Dogs playing catch with their owners, kids running around , some getting their bicycle lessons and mothers strolling with their babies in the pram. Ofcourse some couples making use of the pretty day. I must admit, after walking down the park that was deserted for months together, today was such a treat for the eyes!!

Not sure if the cold, wet days are over, but I am eager to welcome the sunny days ahead with longer day time, more energy and pack the jackets/sweaters back in the cases!

Welcome Spring!! :thumbsup

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I have heard a lot about day light savings, but still it confuses me a lot.
    Is it that the mornings start earlier than the real time?!!!

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Well NO Daylight Savings is also a reason to love according to me. As you pack your jumpers and sweaters into the cases, here we are trying to air them and keep it ready! But so true that Spring is such a wonderful time of the year apart from the fact that people get sick due to hay fever :) (atleast at this end of the world). So why do I love NO Daylight Savings?? We turn the clock back by one hour isn't it. So I get to sleep one more hour in a day!!

Take care.

4. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Hi!

The only reason I liked spring and summer was because I hated the dark winters of UK. And now we live in perhaps the hottest town in south India where it is summer, summer and more summer that I long for the dark winters.

Nice post.

Usha

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Heyyy yep its beautiful and energetic to see having more sunlight in the evening..I also like the day light savings for this only reason that we can get more things done and still have time to take a stroll or walk in the park..or hit a near by store for just browsing stuff.

Spring is here finally!!!! I started garden shopping too :)

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Me too. Love the longer days and still bright outside when you get out of office.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ranganayaki,

long time no see. how are you. i have heard about daylight saving and can see lot of you happy about one more hour.

well i would love to experience spring, but being in chennai it is always hot, hotter and hottest.

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Yes it is so good to see summer, and light till 7 pm. We can takes kids to park, while we can jog, when they play. I am so happy for kids, since they can now play out more, rather than at home sitting and watching TV.

Wow, it shows, the light itself peps our mood, and true as u said, we feel we can do so much more.

9. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Yeah me too love to see its bright still when i step out of office at 6,6:30...winters were dis-heartening with darkness by 6. I used to feel day is over and i ahve still lot to do at home. But seeing day light gives me hope that "day is not over yet and i can complete my chores early" :)

10. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

@amihere, You are right, its the real time. Its for winter , the clocks are set to 1 hour slower, due to lack of enough sunlight in the morning/evening. Now as summer approaches, the sunlight is available for close to 12-13 hrs a day!! l(7am to upto 8pm in summer!)

@knot2share, I agree that it was painful to lose 1 hour last Sunday, and ofcourse we've different perspectives! :)

@SriVidya & Mythraeyi, I agree, love to have the extra time after work!