1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daycare/maid@home Pls Suggest

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by cutesmile09, Oct 5, 2016.

1. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

I am blessed with 4yr old DD who is in PP1 now, I enrolled for a full-time MBA program@B-school near my home..My classes are going to commence from next week, I will finish my classes by 4pm n will be back home by 4:20pm, My DD finishes her school by 3pm n will be back home by 3:30pm(near by school but she comes by School bus), I need to fill the gap of 1hr of my absence, I may opt for after school care at her school for 1hr n I can go n pick her up while returning from my school or I can ask my maid who is reliable n working at my home since I am pregnant(but never know when they change n become greedy) to be at home by 3:30pm n take care of my LO for one hour..I can lock my Bedroom n have to leave Hall n kitchen open..don't know how far it's safe but advantage is my DD will have the same routine even in my absence..My DD is used to n will adjust to care-takers at her school as well as my maid..plus point of Day care is it's more safe n she can play with other daycare kids(much younger to her).. Pls suggest me which option is better n safe.. Thank you

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

My vote is for a daycare.

KashmirFlower and cutesmile09 like this.
  3. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations on your Admission. When you're doing MBA, it's not going to be as simple as getting over at 4pm. You will have some after college work too like GDs, projects, assignment submissions etc. very rarely will you actually get to go home on or before college closing time. So please don't look at it as an hour's care only. Look for a solution where in even if you're delayed by a couple or more hours, your little one should be able to manage.

Best wishes

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

After school care.
    Its definitely much safer and helps improve your LO's social interactions and growth as well.

5. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

After school care, daycare is the better.

You don't have to worry about getting delayed by a few mins, and it is better to have your house under your control at all times.