1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daycare Adjustment- One Yr Old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sansa, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

My lo just turned one year two days back. She is going to daycare for the past one week and she is miserable. First day she started playing as soon as we went in but it has gotten worse as days pass by. She stands near window watching outside or always stays alone, crying on and off. Will it get any better? How long did your LO take to adjust to daycare environment? How long do I need to wait to reassess the situation? She was a very happy cheerful one but right now she doesn’t speak or smile always want to be with me at home.

Similar Threads
    1. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sunshine04
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

My son who is 2.5yrs took a month to adjust to the baby sitter. While he knew her from before, leaving him all day with her made him frightened that we may not come back. He was fine the initial days but as he learned that it is going to be his routine, he started resisting. I was so worried as he used to play with her before and used to ask us to take to her house too. But eventually he got adjusted.
    Your daughter is just 1 yr and will adjust faster. Buy some toys and surprise her in the morning for few days when she leaves for day care. She might get excited about the new toy and leaves happily.

Sansa likes this.
  3. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

Thanks for responding. This keeps me at ease. But this daycare is a place where they have until preschool. kind of like with a predefined routines. She did have a routine in home and naps well without any issues. But she took 2 naps. Now they just have one nap. She is sleep deprived and she just passed out yesterday before lunch. Felt really sad on watching the live video. Thinking if home day care environment would be a best bet. Not sure what to do. Confused if I wanna stick to the same daycare for atleast a month or change her to home daycare soon.

4. ILUser07

ILUser07 Silver IL'ite

Even if its not daycare, most kids drop one nap once they are 1 year. My kid used to sleep 1 hr in the morning and 1.5 hrs in the afternoon till he is 1 year 1 month. Suddenly he refused to sleep in the mornings how much ever i tried. He sleeps 2-2.5 hrs in the afternoon.
    I am not sure how to help toddlers to transition from one day care to other. Poor kids they have no control on how their day should be.

5. ParentingTips

ParentingTips New IL'ite

Hey Sansa,

Here are some important points or tips you can follow:
    Children feel secure in crèche when parents visit often. It is advised to have a child daycare near your workplace so that you can visit easily and build a good relationship with caregivers.
    Also, It is very important for a caregiver to be loving and supporting. She should be respectful of the autonomy and individuality of a child and should be sensitive to a child’s fears and anxieties. All children take time to adjust and so the caregivers. So, you need to give time to both to develop a good and positive relationship.

For more useful tips regarding this topic you can visit www.wonderparenting.com.