1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Day to Day Cost Cutting

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by ProReal, Mar 25, 2010.

1. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    I wanted to hear suggestions on cost cutting in our day to day lives. Like the little things that you do that could help in the long run...

Any ideas that you can share will be great...

2. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Why havent anyone given any responses :confused2:

Ok, let me start by telling what I am doing.. maybe someone can give your tips as well then.
    * I used to buy idli flour and dosa maavu from the Indian store, now I am getting the rice and am making it at home
    * Initially every time I visit friends place, I buy gifts or eatables, now I have started making eatables at home and taking it. My friends like it as it has a home made touch and they know it is eggless etc.
    * I avoid buying edible stuff from Costco as they tend to expire. I always buy cleaning products, bath stuff, paper rolls and other such household stuff from there.
    * I plan all my shopping in one trip so I dont make numerous trips. This requires a lot of planning :bonk and I am still learning as I am not a great planner...

I will keep writing as I think of more. Please let me know your ideas as well.