Date fruits

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by a123, Nov 22, 2009.

1. a123

a123 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this forum.
    I just signed up in Indusladies a few days back and i saw its very useful...
    I am posting this to know about a particular type of date fruits...
    some years back i happened to taste a particular type of date fruit which my relative's friend had brought from Middle east. I don't know exactly from which country, but i think he was in Kuwait. After these many years, the taste of that date fruit remains in my tongue. It was not the usual dried dates. They had the fresh look.. They were in yellow color as we see them in trees.... And they were in bunches....But we can very easily pluck them from the bunch...Though they appeared like fresh dates, they didn't taste like the row dates...they were very sweet....had been processed in some other way...when u bite them, it was like u bite an apple...(Not the taste.... i mean it was so soft as an apple). Now I am in Abu dhabi , but i couldn't find this type dates anywhere...not even in Bateel. Anybody has any idea?
    Thanks,

2. cakedecorater

cakedecorater Bronze IL'ite

Hello & welcome to IL. I think wat u tasted were fresh dates. These will be yellow in color, soft & juicy. Maybe u can try & see if u get fresh dates, but I guess they will not be around this time, maybe next year during summer.

3. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

they r available in carrefour,might be u will get if u try.they r from jordan and egypt.they r really sweet.