1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dasavatharam, Koorathazhwan and Ramanujar – A Love Story Again!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 22, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Phenomenal !!

Dear Krithika,
    The legends talk about a mythological bird that survives only on air. There are birds that survive only on rain water. And when there are no rains, they may not live.
    Writers like me survive on words of appreciation. Those words are our staple diet.
    And today you have done "annadhanam". Thanks is not the word, Krithika. But just keep it till I find another better word in its place.
    love,

2. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Krithiks ,
    Who will not like to accept such lovely words of appreciation about her / him ? ! ? ..... Thanks .... thanks ... thanks , Krithiks ! ( hope you would allow me to call you so ! )
    Love,
    Indhu.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    I read this wonderful, lovable article only now, I did not have the good fortune to read it earlier. I do not know what to say. When we hear about such completely unselfish acts, we are speechless . The true bhakthi and love of Koorathazhwar had given his words such power, it is really wonderful. But he realised his folly (according to him) and requested the Lord to give the most wonderful thing in life-the darshan of the Lord for the person who hated HIM- that is the height of selflesness.
    The people who profess that Hinduism is not a religion and do the most atrocious things to try to degrade it, would certainly have read about this incident. This is history and not mythology. So they must believe this, shouldn't they? It is another matter that their believing/not believeing is not going to affect Hinduism in any way, but still they should stop bad mouthing our religion.
    Hats off to you!

4. varalotti

Dear Varloo,
    thanks for the wonderful fb. As I have said in the post, there is no scope for selfishness or hatred either in religion or God.
    One small amendment to your post. It was not Kurathazhwan's folly; you know he did not curse the king when the latter ordered that his eyes are to be gorged out.

Just imagine the situation. Kurathazhwan has heard Perianambi's heart-rending wail. Which meant only one thing. The royal command has been obeyed and Nambi's eyes have been plucked out. The King after having inflicted the fatal injury is now also adding royal insult to it, by talking about Nambi as a "Vaishnavite worm". It was only that made him utter the curse. That's a time when even God gives a portion of his powers and makes his curse come true. After all the King also should be reformed. And for him the reformation was through pain and death. Whatever God gives us is only a gift. Sometimes we understand the value; but many times we do not.

All religions talk about love. Hinduism never left out any of the smaller religions. That's the only religion which mentions Buddha as one of the ten avatharas. That's the height of love and tolerance.
    Thanks for the fb, Varloo.
    regards,

5. varalotti

My Dear GFs,

In a few seconds from now I will be uploading the 3rd episode of A LOVE STORY. Sorry for having kept you waiting for longer than usual. From now on, the episodes will appear, God willing, every Monday morning.

In fact I had to go out today early in the morning. I set my alarm earlier than usual only to post the story.

This episode is important as my heroine enters the scene. And you may have to remember the incidents appearing in the episodes from now on. Because I am sure somebody is going to recall them all, when something happens.

I would love to explain further; but that would spoil the suspense; the thrill of knowing about the events as they happen.

Just a thought. If that kind of rule is applicable even for a serial story, just imagine, with what kind of force will it be applicable for our real lives. That's why God hid our future from us. And we want to play a foul game by seeking the help of astrology, numerology, palmistry... whatever.

The third child is now longing for your attention and affection too.

love,

6. Priya Sundararajan

Priya Sundararajan New IL'ite

One more piece of information to this excellent post. Periya Nambi was Ramanuja's chief guru or acharya. ( Not much of Periya Nambi's life history is known to everyone because of the generation gap) His great sacrifice along with Koorathazhwan shows the acharya's love for his disciple without which the srivaishnavite world would have lost Ramanuja.

I would appreciate your efforts to enlighten us on this topic.

7. varalotti

Dear Priya,
    thanks for that piece of information. Actually Perianambi was the one who gave mantropadesam to Sri Ramanuja. Technically Ramanuja was his disciple. But later days he accepted Ramanuja as his Guru and was working for spreading Ramanuja's dharshanam.
    We have information about Perianambi's life after he started living with Ramanuja. Will post them some other time.
    Thanks for coming in Priya.
    love,

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Indhu,

Sure, why not...no formality please...infact Krithiks is one of my nicknames :)

Happy if you call me so....

Cheers
    Krithika

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

This shows your humility { please don't say that you are not ! :) }

In fact, Indus ladies is blessed to have wonderful writers like you...who go that extra mile to give such wonderful stories and patiently/sincerely reply to all feedbacks !!

Your writings will never ever be short of appreciation..I am absolutely sure ! That too when you have a wonderful person (indhusri) to encourage and motivate you at every point ! :)

Regards
    Krithika

10. varalotti

Thanks for those kind words once again. I can survive for a month on that.
    love,