1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dasavatharam, Koorathazhwan and Ramanujar – A Love Story Again!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 22, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,
    You are most welcome. If this story impresses us, then we can be justifiably proud that all is not lost and we are still in the good books of God.
    I am happy to be of service to you, in bring out a story not known to you so far.
    sridhar

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Thanks for the wonderful clarification. I do have a lot of beliefs and faith in our puranas and stories. I have not heard of this character (Koorathazhwan), that is why, I asked whether the incident was a real one or accident. Also, I read many people in this thread admiring that it was a nice story. So,this silly doubt.

Anyway, I am doubly happy, as you have narrated the continuation part of this incident.

Thanks a lot... Very happy to have you in this platform. A big bow to our moderators too...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  3. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    The most impressive part of Dasavatharam is the first few minutes. Kamal's acting, Hariharan's voice makes us sob in the theatre. I have the song recorded in my cellphone is constantly hearing it while driving the car.

You are perfectly right, Sudha. In this regard I need to paraphrase a quotation of Einstein. Our religion, our culture and our tradition is a vast ocean. And I am like a little boy playing on the shore. What I am bringing to you is just a beautiful shell here or a big conch there, whilst the real pearls and invaluable treasures lay buried in the depths of the ocean.
    Thanks for liking my narration.
    regards,
    Passing it on is the best way of thanking me, Sudha. Today a person from Madras called on me to ask my permission whether he can use my stories while giving Value education to children. He belong to VSET an organisation dedicated to promoting values. I told him that he need not even give credit to me. So long as the message reaches the children, I will be happy. I gifted him with a set of my books.
    So please do pass on the message. Let's bring down the hatred-index of this world at least by some milli-points.
    regards,

4. varalotti

You are most welcome, Lakshmi. I am happy that you liked the story.

5. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,
    Thanks for your time in reading the story Promise. And thanks for taking it over to the FP Forum.
    Each one of us is capable of that kind of love, Sindhuja. But may be we are a little hesitant, a little afraid and all. But let me assure you that capability is there. Otherwise that Sindhu would not have made this Sindhu shed a few drops of tears.
    thanks once again,
    regards,

6. varalotti

You are most welcome, Gowri. I replied to your post soon after that person left. Hence I could not help quoting that incident.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    I / we will wait..take your time and I know you would be very busy in your preparing and drafting for the episode 3 of ALS...I am also waiting for it...eventhough not an fb from me for those 2 episodes...

sriniketan

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  8. varalotti

Thanks for understanding, Sriniketan.

9. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

I was moved by the first few scenes of Dashavatharam very much and I couldn't keep my eyes dry( I felt that was the best part of the movie ). Many thanks for narrating the story of Koorathazhwan and Ramanujar and of course Periyanambi related to that. It is inspiring to learn about the sacrifices of Koorathazhwan and Periyanambi owing to Guru bhakthi. And amazing is the love in the heart of Koorathazhwan who wished eternal bliss for Naaloran. It was a brilliant attempt to educate us on the lives of great men like Koorathazhwan and Ramanujar based on a reference to them in a movie.
    Also, I am curious to learn the history as to how Naalooran reacted to the ( undeserved ??? ) blessing he received. Also, did this incident end the conflict?

-Gayathri

10. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Yet another gem in the collection of these wonderful stories. Koorathazhwan's act seems to be the epitome of Guru bhakthi and wisdom. He definitely could not have wished to the Almighty for anything less to be remembered so fondly by everyone after so many ages. Am sure though he disobeyed his Guru in his wish-list, it would have made his Guru so much prouder !! An attitude to forgive even the most cruel people needs a lot of love and selflessness in one's heart. Guess what Sridhar sir ? I owe this thought to your explanation of why Narasimhar did give Hiranyan the opportunity to be held in his lap !!

By the way, I read your saivite vaishnavite take in the other thread just now. It is extremely silly and immature and something that the so-called-scholars following each of those divine roads, should be ashamed of to indulge in. Unfortunately I see it till date and have no words to describe it. It pains me to no end and I heard someone tell me "I wonder why Varalakshmi Vratham is celebrated by Saivites, while Lakshmi belongs to us Vaishnavites !". I didn't know God could belong to a sect, but I didn't say anything to that person because I know it would result in unpleasant arguments. I could quote more, but would stop here, because I prefer a reply to this wonderful thread to carry more of the positive vibes !

Gayu

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008