1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daring to dream!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hmm,

Lovely poem on dreams.

Lucky are people who dream. I am scared of dreams, as they are always indicators of what is to happen later, than the manifestations of inner desire.

I am dreaming with my eyes open these days...

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pavi, to make dreams "happen", we have to dream of achievements. The corollary is, we should be optimistic & always think positively. I wonder if that is the secret of dreaming??
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Dear Shan, I think you are simply over-precautious!! Not necessary that every dream will happen in life. When I was young, I used to dream of settling down abroad which was one of the rarest things in those days! But, I have not even stepped out of Chennai! Then why worry??
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Chithumma, My Dear Adharsha Mangai,

Seeing more of 'Kavithayini' in you these days, I mean frequently.

Worth doing it.

Azagu Kavithai with beautiful listings...

I love this quote on dreams;

'Dream as if you'll life forever
    Live as if you'll die today...'

Love you, Chithumma...
    Oviya.

5. sangvidu

sangvidu New IL'ite

Wonderful lines warning the day dreamers and encouraging the achievers..
    "Let us
    Admire those who dare to dream but
    Sympathise with those who live on dreams!"
    Nice blog Chithra ma'm at the end of the year.
    It's the time to reflect upon the past and dream of the future..If we put little effort, the dreams can be a valuable tool for reflection and acheiving our goals.
    Everyone has an ambition in their life...its their dream that they wish to be..Though each one of us are able to express it, not much thought is given to how we are going to get there..
    Achievers are those who keep visualising again and again the goal that they want to achieve..
    When I was in my school and sport team, our coach used to ask me to close my eyes and visualise the proper technique that I have to use to achieve the goal that I have set. Sometimes we tend to see the errors that we make during such visualisation as its more of a reflection of what we do..The more we visualise/dream of getting the right technique/approach, the more better we would be...At a later point of life, this dreamy visualisation technique personally helped me to attain many other things in life..
    Let this New year 2009 bring you all happiness and good health to your family and your dear ones!
    Love
    Vidhya

6. Chitvish

FP, you make me feel as if I am one of the cadre of
    Kanimpzi, Thamizachi or Thamarai!! No, no, no.
    I just express myself because the eaders are none other than my dear young IL friends!!
    Yes, I fully agree with what you have written! Dream world is our personal kingdom where we "rule" !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Vidyaa, what you have written is a technique highly recommended for reaching our goals. In energy classe, it is taught that every morning, we should stand in fron of the mirror & say, looking at our reflection:
    Every day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better. We have visualise what we want to achieve for fructification. It is nice to know that you believe in all these, Vidyaa!
    Happy 2009 to you & yours.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra
    Dreams are a reflection of our innermost needs, wants, emotions and desires. To not dream is to miss out on a very important aspect of living, for it is here, we think of issues without any 'coloration' of external factors, just true to ourselves.
    Dreams are an indication of what we are aspiring for / what we are missing / what we dread !! It is important to act on the dreams and not just brood over it.
    Thanks and love
    Pavithra

9. Chitvish

I fully agree with you that quite often, dreams reflect our innermost aspirations. But if the dream is unpleasant, we do start worrying as well!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

very lovely poem and good one Chithra madam.
    Also devika has elaborated more of it...

Its really good to dream and I too appreciate people who dream and make it come true....

good luck to everyone who dream and may all their dreams come true in this new year 2009