1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daring to dream!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ende dear, dear Mole, your reply is so nice and enjoyable that I can swap my post with yours becoming the leader post! We must dream big and see that we realise them in life as well. Can't help saying, the ugly side of our personality will also be revealed to us (thank God, only to us) in our dreams!! Your second part says it all!
    I thoroughly enjoyed your FB, Mole!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Thanks, Andal. Yes! loose words uttered by us can cause havoc to others as well as our own selves! I fully agree with you.
    We cannot dream our life away as well!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Mallie! Sometimes we do enjoy our dreams blissfully because they reflect our innermost desires!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Excellent mam, very true words and very nice poem and i thought i should quote some lines as i liked most and went through the poem onceagain, but i cant, since i liked each and everyword, esp. last few lines - Let us
    Admire those who dare to dream but
    Sympathise with those who live on dreams!

Unfortunately we can see lot of people , those who live on dreams and never try to understand the reality, i really feel pity for them
    and, even for me, DREAM reminds me words of Dr.APJ and also ACTOR VIVEK , almost in all the films he used to quote words of APJ sir, so that i will easily reach the mass....

5. Chitvish

Dear Latha, whenever we enjoy a dream, we must realise the limitations. It is just a dream & unless we work it, we are not going to achieve them.
    I love the quote:
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true."
    It IS in our hands!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Mami,

loved the poem. It reminded me of the song from ABBA - ABBA | I Have A Dream lyrics

It is so true, when we do dream, the reality becomes easy since our sights are set elsewhere and we will learn to move on cheerfully ahead seeing something good in everything!

Thanks a lot for the poem. I always enjoy reading them - your contemplative nature does come out in these snippets! Thanks for sharing.

7. Chitvish

Dear Rama, my contemplative nature, if you analyse, must be having something to do with my advancing age!!
    We must advance confidently in the direction of our dreams and endeavour to live a life where success will be ours.
    I love this quote by Bernard Shaw:
    "Some men see things as they are and say 'why'? Others dream things that never were and say 'why not'?"

Love,
    Chithra.

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra ji,
    Loved your style as usual.
    When we dream
    We are awake in
    [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]sleep[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [​IMG]
    I loved the way you had hinted on the wakeful state and dreamstate of human. In dreamstate everything is real and it is over when we wake up just like life. Very philosophical yet true.

We need to dream,
    They help us fly
    !

How true -here the dream is a vision & visionary have made history. Dreams are road signs along the nighttime highway of sleep.
    Records cannot be broken (olympics) if the athletes didn't dream.
    Martin Luther said " I had a dream" and he changed history.
    Day dreaming is recreational and also an escapism. No man has escaped from dreaming, various types of dreams may be like lucid dreaming, recurring dreams, premonition dreams & even nightmares.
    As to day dream I love it for it is free and you have fulfilled some of your unrequited desires.

Dreams are free therapy but you get appointments only at night. Daring to dream with a target gives a life purpose.

May God bless you.
    Jaya

9. Chitvish

Dear Jaya, you have typically given the "vedantic" twist!
    Dream happens for a fraction of a second between the times, you are asleep and awake when we do not know the difference between reality & fantasy. At that fleeting moment we feel with our entire soul that it is reality & it did happen!
    Thanks for a pensive FB, Jaya.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear chith,
    lovely poem.
    yes.its true that dreams are the thoughts in our sub conscious mind.
    it is good to dream and even better to acheive them if they are good:)!!!!
    really liked your last two lines!!!!!
    luv
    pavi