1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

daring Indians

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swtsvn, Jan 31, 2008.

1. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

Yesterday evening, the television emergency news announced snow storm by 8 pm. But before that I decided to go to gym at my apartment office building, which is 10 minutes walk from my house.

As I opened my apartment door, i realised, the weather is not going to be smooth. So I was standing at the doorsteps in a dilemma whether to go gym or not. But then I saw the rent cheque in my hand. Today is the last day to give rent for next month.

So I took a deep breath, and walked out, bravely. My hands became very cold within few seconds of walking. I was walking very slow because i dont want to slid on the ice. "well atleast the gym will be empty, because everyone will be restingt in their house, and i can enjoy my exercise", I thought.

By the time I was inside the gym, my hands were shivering. I dropped off the rent cheque, and starting walking in the threadmill, happily watching American Idol all alone.

Then I saw an Indian lady, walking in through one door of the office. She smiled at me, i smiled back. I dont know her, but we normally smile whenever we see another Indian . so.

She hurried off to the other door, and opened it for her husband and her approximately 4 yr old daughter. "God why did they bring their daughter in this weather", I thought. i assumed they must have come to access the big common tv in the office hall.

Then after a few minutes, another Indian guy came, I dont know why. Then in a few minutes another, then another, then another. All of them Indians. and they started working out in the gym. I was really surprised. I wouldnt have come to the gym if it werent for the cheque. I saw they were not there for the cheque. then what in the world were they doing in the gym, out of their house on such a snow storm day. I would have been inside my house drinking a cup of hot bournvita( yes, i dont drink coffee :coffee).

May be they are dare devils, who continue their life, be it thunderstorm or tornado or snow storm.

what do u think gals. anyone of you daring like this?

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I think Americans are equally strong willed when it comes to fitness. I don't know if it is the food. They run at level 10 or more on tredmills CONTINUOUSLY for 30 mins. God knows where they get the motivation. Poeple watch weight to the extent of getiing anorexic.
    There are other extremes too :-(

3. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

yes meenloch, especially women. they keep on running and running. for the time they run, i would have finished all of my gym exercises.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

may be they feel they need to sweat it out after all with all that storm around & their limbs would be freezing other wise, or like how you said may be the tv.

5. Sundararajan

Sundararajan New IL'ite

Yes..Daredevils...no doubt about it...
    You don't drink coffee.....sigh...How can I befriend you??