1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Danny Pinto - Everybody is Welcome-Part 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Danny Pinto = Every Body is Welcome – Part 1<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Today,Sunday I called Danny for an appointment and went to meet him at 11 am.The big man was at the gate waiting for me, a person who has never seen or heard of me before.

We sat in his office, and I was curious to know his sense of humour.First here are some of his famous one liners of the days gone by

1) We are the last persons to let you Down

2) Law of Averages
    10 out of 10
    Good business eh !

3) Hey Smoker , you are the next guy Coffin’in !
    4) Any place,Anytime,Anywhere,including Heaven.

Rajiv Gandhi – Danny was called to Srip when Rajiv Gandhi was shot dead, by RK Dhawan, the head was smashed and he had to reconstruct it to make it look presentable.They had to put cotton inside the skull to bring it in shape.He felt very bad for this particular death, as Danny has great respect and admiration for Rajiv.

Ladies – I asked him when they dress ladies, then ladies must be doing it.He said there are no ladies in this line so his male staff does it, as the body has to be lifted and it is a man’s job.The lady relatives are present of course.Mother Teressa Danny and staff did the embalming and everything. The orders came from the <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:pLACE>Vatican</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>.

The Embalming – Most embalmers put two injections of the liquid in the stomach of the deceased and that’s it.Danny has a special formula which he does not disclose to anyone.They mix 6 other chemicals in the imported liquid.They search out viens and inject every part of the body with 5 litres of the liquid going in.This keeps the body fresh for even upto 2 years.

The Dead who lived on - Two cases happened to Danny whereby the deceased came alive.
    1) A person in coma, for a long time declared dead, death certificate issued by the hospital.
    They brought the body in the hearse, in an open coffin.The driver heard a BEST bus honking away to give way, and the driver moved aside.The Bus driver came alongside and shouted at the driver to look back.When the driver turned, he saw the man sitting in the coffin, scratching his head, wondering where he was being taken to

Danny was called on the phone, those days there were no mobiles around 15 years back.Danny got the shock of his life, and told the driver to turn back to the hospital, and go to the Doc, who signed the Death Certificate, and show him the patient, and before this thing becomes public and an embarrassment, to close the case there itself.All turned well, and the fellow lived for another 10 years after that, and used to come and meet Danny often at his showroom to thank him for saving his life.

Second Case – This guy too from the hospital brought to the burial ground, taken to the grave, thepriest said his last prayers as did all the relatives,As they started to put the coffin inside the pit, ( they put the lid later on), and as they were about to put the lid, this fellow got up and stood.A minute late , and he would have been dead alright.Danny said he found the whole damn thing funny, and nothing he has seen in movies has matched the shocked looks on the faces of the priest and all his relatives.This fellow lived for another year

When they go to exhume the bodies after 18 months to take out the bones, sometimes they have found that the body has turned around.For example they let him down on his back, his face upwards, and when they opened the coffin later they found him lying on his stomach.

This means the deceased got alive inside the coffin in side the grave, but he couldn’t shout as he was down deep under and no one to hear him.This saddens Danny but nothing can be done about it.Mu suggestion would be to put a working mobile inside, so in case he becomes alive, he can call his relatives to bail himout.And for a relative to sit at the grave in case there is a distress call from below.Amen.

That is why he says, nowadays Christians too prefer to burn the dead in the Electric Crematoriums of the Hindus, so that the departed dosnt change his mind and become alive and come back.

A Witty chap, and very warm Danny.So many things he told me, let me keep it for part 2.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Resp Kamalji,

I am sure 2 witty persons coming together...you both much have had a roaring time.

I agree with the corpse coming alive. This had happened in our neighbourhood a few decades ago.

As they were ready to tie the dead body the person sat up to to shock and surprise of one and all around. And this person lived a few yeas more...that time we were just kids...maybe toddlers.

Awaiting your second part on this write-up.

3. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear kamalji,

Thanq for making an effort to meet Danny Pinto and writing a nice post on ur conversation....

You always bring a diffrent and interesting topic forward, I pray that no one should come alive after keeping coffin in pit...thats really unimaginable...

This means the deceased got alive inside the coffin in side the grave, but he couldn’t shout as he was down deep under and no one to hear him.This saddens Danny but nothing can be done about it.Mu suggestion would be to put a working mobile inside, so in case he becomes alive, he can call his relatives to bail himout.And for a relative to sit at the grave in case there is a distress call from below.Amen.
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

That is why he says, nowadays Christians too prefer to burn the dead in the Electric Crematoriums of the Hindus, so that the departed dosnt change his mind and become alive and come back.

Waiting for second part...

U rocks as usual..Bow

Big Hug,
    dg.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Thanks for this informative post.
    But reading the dead man alive one is so creepy.............that driver taking the body seeing the man alive behind in his truck might have left his job............
    The priest might have ran away seeing the body rising from the grave..............to read them we feel so funny those people who have seen the dead man alive a real shock to them........
    While reading this was remembering my mom I wanted her to come and stay with me here in Egypt for a few days...............she said no no there are many ghosts ( refering to the mummies) there what if they will get up and become alive as soon as I come there..........hehehehe
    Don't know how will these 5000 yrs old mummies will be alive for her.
    Waiting for the next one..............

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Kamlaji
    Nice wrte up But than it seems that if guy was called from mumbai Delhi doesn't have any undertakers ?
    "Last persons to let u down" ha ha nice one liner
    How could a person can be alived after embalming? I wonder ?

I have read about embalming in many medical thrillers of Robin cook & there they used mainly formaline to inject it.And most of charecters in there are Italian ,Michal & Danny pinto also sounds like Italian names.

In Our anatomy called we used to have cadervers embalm in formaline & reeking strongly of formaline but their skin used to be like parchment.
    Kepping mobile may be good idea but who will charge it ? HaHaBig Laugh
    I remember a joke --

An Attorney telephoned the governor Just after midnight,insisiting that he talk to him regarding a matter of utmost urgency. An aide eventually agreed to wake up the governor
    "So what is it ?"grumbled the G.

"Judge Garber has just Ddied said the Attorney. "And I want to take his palce"
    Replied the Governor "Well ,It is OK with me If it is OK with the undertaker" HaHaBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Roopa,

As usual u are the first to comment.How do i thank u ? Need any papads from JaipurBig Laugh

Yes danny andme had a great time.I gave him the oneliners of Santosh, and he was roaring with laughter, he said now I don’t need to use my head, u guys have plenty.

Yes scary to find the dead person alive.Regards.kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear dream Girl,

Well I would like to come alive after being declared dead.The first thing I would do is to come back first thing to Indus and announce that I am hale and hearty and even use the event top write a blog on it.HAHA.

Wiat till tomm for part 2.Regards.kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

So u stay in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Egypt</st1:place></st1:country-region> eh ! Would like to visit the mummies, and visit Aruna Mummy, and yr husband.Just imagine mummies getting alive is it ? HAHA.

Part 2 tomm.its written but will post it tomm.Regards.kamal

9. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    I started reading your post assuming it would be a humourous one.But i was wrong.It was so scary:shaking:.The body turning around in the grave.Oh my God those poor souls would have been scared to death(this time successfull in their attempt to die)Enjoyed your humourous yet scary post.Waiting for part 2...

regards,
    ammu

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaishree,

Not everybody is embalmed u see.only those u want tokeep for a long time need to be embalmed.

Well every city has undertakers, but sometimes u trust someone from the other city too.Dont we have a wedding in Mumbai and the caterer is from Kolkatta.?

We can have a temprory switch outside every grave and the mobile can get charged forever, is ‘nt it .HAHA.

The judge joke was damn good.Taking his place eh ! Not bad.Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

Thanks for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>ur</st1:place></st1:City> kind comments.regards.kamal