1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel steel

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by vimalalucky, May 4, 2010.

1. vimalalucky

vimalalucky New IL'ite

Recently I finished DS's The Ring fantastic novel .About a beautiful lady , her love , her life , Hitler's rule. How a lady suffers?

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

I have read many of DS novels and I particularly like the ' Long road home'!
    It is about a girl child's difficult childhood, how she is abandoned and then makes her way through the ups and downs of life, scars from her younger days do haunt her and she has sleepless nights thinking about the merciless beatings that her mother gave her! Wonderful storyline!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Oh! man, this does stamp that DS always writes more about sufferings!:crazy

I have read this book - Kaliedoscope - has all the sufferings of a family as whole, a parent murders the other and suicides after that. The oldest daughter is the only one old enough to understand that somethng is wrog, and then each of her 2 sisters are taken away - then her ife's sufferings from then to an adult. She writes so well, that I cried while reading the book!:bonk

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  4. karunamurty

karunamurty Bronze IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CGANESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I have read quite some romantic novels by Danielle Steel, The Ring , The Promise, Once in a lifetime etc and a few more. Her novels always provide a pleasant read. Her novels are unputdownable for me. simple narration and a great story! After completing the book, it always leaves me with a ‘feel good’ sensation. :)