1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

Re: dandruff

frequent baths, brushing and application of scalp oil..great one is olive oil!

2. nehakw

nehakw New IL'ite

dandruff issues

Hi
    I am neha and I am working in an It industry (HCL comnet).

I am having oily dandruff since for last two years which has also resulted in major hair loss.
    These days this problem makes me feel as if i am growing bald. Please help me out with this problem.
    I am eagerly waiting for your response.I am not sure where would this post of mine be landing

3. nehakw

nehakw New IL'ite

Concerned about Oily Dandruff

I am neha ,,,
    I am working in an IT industry

Oily dandruff is the major concern.

I am suffering from this problem since for past 2 years.It has resulted in major hair loss.
    All the time I keep on thinking about the same.Is there any way to get rid of this problem.
    I am practicing Yoga also however it gets discontinued quite often due to improper shift timings.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Concerned about Oily Dandruff

Hi,
    Please check with dermatologist for some medicated shampoos.
    I too have it, but I will have hair loss if I don't wash often.

Regards.

5. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Neha,

Soak 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning grind into a fine paste. Apply all over scalp and leave for ½ an hour. Wash with mild shampoo.

Mix the olive oil with the almond oil. Leave it on about 5 min.s after it starts to burn. Rinse well to clear dandruff.

Massage your hair with warm coconut oil and apply the juice of 2 lemons, steam your hair and leave the oil on for about 2 hours. Shampoo with a mild shampoo. Repeat 2-3 times a week.

Also, Try using a vinegar rinse to take care of this problem. All you need to do is mix 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar with 3 cups of warm water and rinse through your hair after shampooing.

No you won't smell like a salad. Before you know it your hair will not only smell sweet and clean it will also have bounce and shine.

Hope this helps friend ... Regards, Suni ... :)

6. rb020606

rb020606 New IL'ite

Hi Suni,

I too have this same problem. Will try this out. Thanks for the wonderful tips.

7. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Neha,

I had the same problem, it is due to high stress job. I started using a shampoo named NIZAROL it helped me my hair stopped falling and I don't have dandruff.
    It is a medicated shampoo.

-Vidya

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidya,
    Do we get this medicated shampoo here in US??

Regards.

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

You are Welcome rbo... Regards, Suni ... :)

10. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

The very best Dandruff Home Remedy ...

Dear IL Friends,Computer Typing

Are you looking for a good Dandruff Home Remedy that really works? A dry itchy scalp it not only miserable to live with, it's also embarrassing. Home remedy will leave your hair shiny, manageable, and get rid of those embarrassing flakes.

Severe dandruff can actually be a symptom of something a lot more serious. One of the main causes of dandruff is dehydration. Relieving dehydration isn't as simple as you might think.

First you have to understand once and for all water is the only fluid that is going to cleanse your body and hydrate your cells. Stay away from those fancy sport drinks, clean fresh spring water will do you body a lot more good than any expensive sports drink.

No matter what else you drink during your day, coffee, juice, soft drinks, or teas, you still need to drink plenty of water all day long. It is especially important first thing in the morning. Make a habit of drinking a full glass of water while brewing your coffee or tea in the morning.

Use Common Sense When Using This Dandruff Home Remedy!
    For severe cases of a dry itchy scalp, good Dandruff Home Remedy you can use is Pure Virgin Olive Oil for a dry scalp treatment.

It's important to heat the olive oil but use commonsense, you don't want to fry your scalp! Just heat it so that it's just warm to the touch and lather your hair and scalp with the oil. I know it's messy but believe me it's worth the mess. After massaging the Olive Oil into your scalp wrap your head in a towel for about 30 minutes. Then wash your hair as you usually do, making sure you lather twice. You'll soon discover it's worth the mess. Your scalp and hair will thank you for the bother.

Another little tip is if your scalp is a bit sore from scratching and you need a bit of extra relief use a lemon for a quick rinse. All you need to do is take a fresh lemon and squeeze the juice into a large cup or glass then fill with warm water, just pour it over your hair and scalp after shampooing. The lemon is a really good astringent and if you have any tiny cuts in your scalp there are natural antibiotics in lemons. As an added bonus your hair will smell amazing.

Finding a good Dandruff Home Remedy isn't easy but once you do it's important to keep the dry scalp treatment consistent. Try using this method once a week, then one every two weeks. Before you know it, you'll be wearing black sweaters again

Hope you all find it useful dear Friends ... Regards, Suni ... :)