1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. AVpoornima

AVpoornima Gold IL'ite

Re: dandruff

hi friends ,
    i too suffered a lot with this problem. one of my friend suggested me a remedy and it worked well now there is no dandruff . here is the mixture-
    castor oil- as required
    any herbal oil(optional)
    omam- 2 tbsp
    heat the oils well and add omam then switch off the stove(dont strain the omam) .wait till it comes to a cool stage dont cool well(kaiporukum soodu) apply in your scalp and leave for a day the a next day shampoo or shikkai your hair. continue the process till it disappears. use once in a week

2. srilata.t

srilata.t New IL'ite

Re: Dealing With Dandruff

Hi all,

Nizoral shampoo worked miracles for me to get rid of dandruff! Try it.

Lata

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

good medicine for dandruff and hairfall

Hi friends,
    i searched for shikakai powder in USA,but i didn't get good quality shikas here..so,what i did was i soaked green gram seeds,fenugreek seeds in water with two tablespoons of curd,reetha(soap nut) powder and some water ,mixed and kept the previous night..and the next day i grinded the mixture with coconut pieces and applied it on my head..after two weeks(one time per week),my hair is really good ...whenever i apply it i will feel icy feeling on my head ...just leave the mixture on head for one hour....of course you cannot expect perfume smell in it but a very good medicine for hairfall,dandruff and itching problems..try it out friends..see the difference..i will just wash my hair...i will not use shampoos after rinsing the application..shampoo is not needed as the hair will be dried with no oil left in your hair..just wanted to share this..
    Thanks

4. Pia

Pia New IL'ite

Re: good medicine for dandruff and hairfall

Hi,

I had terrible dandruff last few months.I tried out everything but no use.Suddenly,I started washing my hair with cold water.That really helped.Now,I have no problems of dandruff atall.

Pia

5. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Rya,
    where do u get the soap nut powder?

6. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi pia and shravanthika,
    thanks for your repluies..shravanthika,you can get reetha powder in patel brothers shop or any indian stores..reetha will be good but shika is not good in quality
    thanks

7. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Nice one will try it. Thanks

8. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hello friends...
    nice tips... i also added hibiscus(both flowers, leaves,) neem-leaves n rose petals, either dry r fresh ...it worked like a natural conditioner... as i have oily long hair...
    need helps in preventing cold or ny fungal infection due to redymade powders tht r of bad quality....

try it also...
    cheers!!!:)
    ashu

9. Jeena

Jeena Bronze IL'ite

dandruff

can anyone tell me some home remedies for dandruff and hairfall

10. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Re: dandruff

Dear Jeena,

Hot steam bath is highly beneficial for the hair and scalp. Massage hot oil and wrap a hot damp towel on the head for few minutes.

Immerse peels of lemon in coconut oil for 8-10 days in sunshine. Now sieve and apply on hair. Hair will become dandruff free.

Massage your scalp with the mixture of Olive and Almond oil and leave it for five minutes after you feel the burning sensation . Rinse properly for a dandruff free and hair fall too.

Soak two tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind the softened seeds in the morning, apply this paste on the scalp and leave it for half an hour. Then wash your hair with shikakai. This is also popular and effective.

Hope this is useful ... Regards, Suni. :p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008