1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: Dealing With Dandruff

happy veena been of help, do that and let me know the result..sunkan

2. 4indianwoman

4indianwoman New IL'ite

Thanks for your tips!!:)

3. AshaUnni

AshaUnni New IL'ite

To remove Dandruff:
    1) Add 1 teaspoon of camphor to half a cup of coconut or neem oil. Store it in glass container.
    Dosage: Massage this oil into the scalp before bed.
    2) Mix 1 teaspoon of castor, mustard and coconut oil each and massage into the scalp.
    3) Mix one part of lemon juice with two parts of coconut oil. Massage into the roots of the hair regularly.
    4) You can use good quality coconut or mixture of almond and olive oil. Apply any of these mildly warmed oils to your hair and gently massage into your scalp evenly with your fingertips. Leave on overnight if you can, if not, leave on for at least an hour or two and then wash hair.

Regards

4. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,

Can u pls tell me where i can i buy shikakai pods and reetha in bangalore ( in and around fraser town). i want to buy it and grind it in mill, also do u know where to look for grinding mills. my mom used to add lemon, orange peels etc with shikakai and it used to smell good.

I have dry white flakes but not at all itchy, comes only when i use shampoo or conditioner, when i use shikakai it is very clean and good. i read somewhere that this is not dandruff but not sure what it is.

TIA.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear priya,
    you can try at the herbal shop in old poor house road opposite lane to the mosque, but now u get wonderful shikakai powder in meera the branded one it has usilamthazhai a green leaf powder and green gram which is very good for the hair, all u need is to dry the lemon and orange peel and powder it and mix it with these, u will get the same benefit..sunkan

6. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thankyou so much, Sunkan, have noted it down. Is meera shikakai pure shikakai or when we use it in scalp does it foam. becos when i was young i used it and remember it has foam just like shampoo in it but it is a shikakai powder.
    if it foams then i dont prefer it, becos of scalp issues i want something which doesn't foam. i have never heard of usilamthazhai... is it arappu? arappu is also a green leaf powder used for washing hair in tamilnadu.

Can u also tell me where i can find a grinding mill?

Thanks.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

ARAPPU IS A BROWN POWDER USED TO WASH VESSELS IN TAMIL NADU, NOW SO MANY WASHING STUFF LIKE VIM HAVE TAKEN OVER, THE MEERA, IT FOAMS BECAUSE IT HAS USILANTHAZHAI IN IT, WHICH IS A HERB AND EASY TO WASH AWAY.my search engine in google brought me here back again..check here.SUNKAN

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/general-beauty-care/38-beauty-tip-for-the-day-25.html

8. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thanks Sunkan, will try the meera powder.
    I remember i used a green powder when i was young and used to hate it.becos it was difficult to rinse it. or maybe i used usilamthazhai powder.but those days my hair was too good. now its becoming worse.

Priya.

9. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Re: dandruff

you people can try arnica plus trioffer homeopathy hair oil it works well. Try it once and see whether it suits you or not.

10. kvalli

kvalli New IL'ite

Re: dandruff

Have any of you tried applying coconut-milk to you hair and leave it for 20-30 minutes. It did wonders to my hair :)