1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Wear Lipsticks and Make-up Kits

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by happybird, Sep 23, 2008.

1. happybird

happybird New IL'ite

Dear IL's,
    Just curious to know the above subject. I'm seeing so many people using nice lipsticks and make-up creams for their face. My face is very sensitive. I have combination skin. I use fair&lovely (really don't know any other good brands other than this even don't know if its a good brand. Just started using creams 3-4 years before. A friend of mine suggested me this cream). My face looks normal in the morning. But after 2-3 hours, If I go out for 5 mins, It has become deteriorated. And all time I look fade. I don't really like this.

Can you suggest me some good brands for make-up and how to do make-up with those?

I'm seeing some of them using a nice lipstick which is glossy and also looking very nice. I'm seeing every actor in the movie with the same kind of lipstick applied. Any good brands to buy?

Please let me know..

2. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

for lipstick u can try maybellene glossy lipshades,it stays for longer hours.

3. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Happybird,

I do not know your age, but you sound so sweet and innocent. Would you mind me asking where are you? in US or India ? Many of my Indian friends do not use Fair & Lovely. Not that it is bad on skin, but there are many more economic brands available now. Anyway, I am not trying to stop you from using Fair & Lovely, as I too used it in my teens.

Let me tell you that you are blessed with the best type of skin. Combination skin has an oily T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) and dry cheeks. Of course, it might change according to the seasons.

I do not know the brands in US, but still I will let you know the usage of products on a daily routine like cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing.

1. Use a gentle foaming cleanser (face wash) or at least a moisturizing soap like Dove. Do not use harsh soaps as it makes skin look more dry. Be careful about over cleansing skin.

2. If you have access to rose water, try using it as a toner (cheap & best). Of course, good cleansers do have toners, but if you like the way your skin feels with toner, try using it. It is just to remove remaining traces of oil, makeup and dirt and prepare the skin. Rose water balances the pH and also helps in case of any skin irritations.

3. Try using an exfoliator (scrub) one in a while like weekly. Concentrate more on oily zones like forehead, nose and chin. Do not put much effort on cheeks as they tend to dry more.

4. Use a gel-based cream (substitute to your day cream). Gel creams work wonders on combination skin and this is my personal experience.

5. You can try using a compact powder according to your skin tone. If you have a typical Indian complexion, brands like Body Shop, Bobbi Brown, Max Factor, Revlon, Maybelline have good shades for warm skin tones. If you are on a fairer end, try any brands you like accordingly.

6. Use deep pore cleanser to get rid of dirt and oil on the face (end of the day cleansing).

7. Do NOT FORGET sunscreen. It is a myth that sunscreen should be used only in summer. But, rain or shine, you have to use sunscreen. Try using one with SPF 15 or more than that.

8. Balance your skin from within. Take a balanced diet with more of vitamin A, C and E as they help promote healthy skin. Have more fruits and vegetables in your diet. Take dry fruits without fail for evening snack.

9. Lipsticks are basically matte and creamy. If you have a fair skin tone, try nudes for day time and dark shades for evenings. Best nude I ever tried is L'oreal Color Rich Star Secret Aishwarya Beige # 708. It is creamy, glossy whatever. You can apply lip gloss on your lips or on your favourite lipstick for the glossy look you like. Always apply lip balm before using lipstick or lip gloss as it gives your lips the desired result.

10. Last, but not the least, SMILE...it costs you nothing. You look your best.

P.S:
    Try & refer this thread "Favorite beauty products on u" by Cutesmile. She has done a good review on the products she use and I too have done one on mine. I guess that might be of some use. Hope this helps...

4. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Hi Happybird

I have the same sensitive and combination skin like you stated. I do not recommend Fair & Lovely cause I heard its too harsh for the skin and some have even reported skin darkening under the sun.

I have been using Clarins skin care product for sensitive skin, 10 years now. It has really kept my skin supple. The ingredients are organic and suits sensitive skin.

My friend has suggested me to use the Canus Fragrance Free Soap and Organic Jojoba Oil. I have been trying it for the last one month. My acne spots have disappeared and skin looks really refreshed.

I wash my face twice and apply a drop of jojoba oil with my clarins toner and then moisturise. My skin looks better.

Clarins is pricey as for lower end, I can suggest you Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream. Its non-comodegenic and hypoallergenic well-suited for sensitive skin.

As for makeup, bobbi brown products are good. The lip glosses give you the shiny lips.

Keep me posted if you need any more details. You can find all these in Amazon.com too.

5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Nice topic, we get so confused with so many brands and products avble in markets these days.

Banu & uma,

Can u breif more on Mosituriser (brand) which suits indian skin and not very expensive avble in US. My skin is too supple and i maintain this cleansing & moistursing routine. But i do have lot of pigmentation and freckle spots. My skin tone is Tan and i want a glowy skin. i have been reading quite lot on Maintain a proper diet and i am following them too. But still my skin looks very dull .(though don't have any acne or pimples... touchwood).

vaidehi

6. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi

I use the St Ives Apricot Scrub and Face Pack. Its only $3.99 from Walmart. It instantly adds glow to your face after a gentle scrub and little face pack. Its very mild and you can even use thrice a week. But make sure, you do this in the late afternoon or night cause its not advisable to be under the sun after a mini facial. Every Sunday you can also try the St Ives face peel after your scrub, its peels off dead skin and is really cooling for the skin too. I have posted the pictures below. Just do regular scrubing, to prevent age spots.

As for moisturiser, depending on your skin you can go for Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream. Its only $8 in Amazon.com.

scrub.jpg

blue-clay-firming-mask.jpg

hydroxy-mask.jpg

7. banuabida

banuabida Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vaidehi,

I am really sorry that I could not be of any help here. I have never been to US and also do not have access to most of the US brands in UK (but, high-end brands are same everywhere).

If you really like Shahnaz products, better go for a prior review and try them. I heard they have pigmentation range in their products.

Good luck buddy!

8. kavysat

kavysat Junior IL'ite

You can try the oriflame optimals sensitive skin products.they r very good.They also have a wide range of skin care products for combination skin.