Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Day: 7
    Date: August 7, 2021
    Time: 7:10 a.m. to 7:25 a.m.
    Duration: 15 minutes
    Experience: Concentration was targeted on inhalation and exhalation cycle. One disturbing thought dominated my mind for a while which was the result of my volunteering yesterday. A terminally ill patient also got COVID and one of her neighbors brought details of her funeral home details to the Hospice so that she could be sent to the right place she had already booked for herself. I contemplated a lot on that last night resulting in it becoming a major thought. At best 2-3 minutes of calmer mind today towards the end. I need to figure out how to control the attention my mind pays to certain information and events. No symptoms of any backpain or leg sleeping. The breathing was a bit heavy due to that one disturbing thought.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Date: August 7, 2021
    Time: 4 am to 4:30 am
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Experience: Right leg fell asleep. Came in and out of thoughts.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 6: 6th August 2021
    Time: 8:30 pm to 8:45 Pm
    Duration : 14 min 59 sec
    Experience: well this was such a bummer today. After I skipped my morning wake up meditation I thought I'll do it in the night before bed. The challenge in night is my baby needs me n doesn't allow me get up from next to her. The moment I get up she wakes up. (Wonder how they can sense) anyways as I was lying down I put my head phone on and went on with a meditative music with timer on for 15 mins. Some thoughts were crossing and I wanted to upgrade my timings from 10 to 15 mins . Then I was just going with the flow , not controlling the thoughts. Suddenly I felt 15mins is too much for me and let me stop and look at the timer . Well I opened my eyes the timer started ringing . SO i did 14mins 59secs :) I got a realization 15 mins is possible for me .

Day 7: 7th August 2021
    Time:6 am to 6:05 am
    Duration : 5 mins
    Experience : Downgraded to 5 mins from previous day's 15 mins. had planned a day trip so my mind was occupied with that but I wanted to catch at least on 5 min meditation :) A quick one . No comments on how I felt. Mind was only thiking about the trip :)

Thyagarajan, messedup and Viswamitra like this.
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Day 1 of 100

Date: 8-8-21
    Time:6:48 to 7:00
    Experience: Did inhale exhale and OM chanting. Not able to concentrate much.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Day: 8 of 100
    Date: August 8, 2021
    Time: 6:41 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
    Duration: 19 minutes
    Experience: Rythemic inhalation and exhalation experienced within 1-2 minutes at the start. Thoughts were more what I consider insignificant matters. The focus was on acceptance of train of thoughts and viewing them as not my belonging. Body temperature maintained throughout the session. 4 cycles of inhalation and exhalation per minute with no heaviness in breathing. I had lost track of time.

6. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Date: August 8, 2021
    Time: 4 am to 4:40 am
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Experience: Heavy raindrops hit my window. Left hip was tight. Left leg fell asleep. I took nap after meditation.

7. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Aug 6
    Skipped
    Aug 7
    Navagraha meditation - usually on saturdays it can be done. Focussing on the planets gave me feel good attitude. To go deep in that, if you know your running dasa(planet) you can focus more time on that planet during the meditation. Total time - 15 minutes approximately

8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Aug 8
    Tried thuriyadheetham, but thoughts disturbed a lot. Not felt the solace at the end of the
    meditation because of too many thoughts.

9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Day 2 of 100

Aug 9
    1:45 pm to 2:15 pm
    Listening to videos of mental peace and meditation.
    Not able to control the mind as had a big conversation with mil last night.

10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 8 .
    8th August 2021
    Time: 2 pm
    Duration : slept off
    Experience: it got combined with my weekend afternoon nap:grin: well the timer was set but not sure I was with the music n just slept to wake up after 1.5 hrs when I got a call.

Day 9: 9th August 2021
    Time: 2:45 pm to 2:55 pm
    Duration : 10 mins
    Experience: the music was calm n it was ripples of water sound. Was so much at peace. The thoughts kept coming but I kept pushing them and was trying to be with my breaths. The 10 mins ended in a blissful state.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.