Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Date: August 1, 2021
    Time: 6:58 a.m. to 7:20 a.m.
    Duration: 22 minutes
    Experience: I practiced Soham meditation focusing my mind on my breathing with the theme of "acceptance". Initially, a lot of unnecessary thoughts were running in my mind later limiting to only major huddles I face now. Everything lasted for good 5 minutes and after that, my mind was completely placed on my breathing cycle. 4 sets per minute. I last the focus on time but let it go. It took sometime for me to get up as my feet went asleep.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Date: August 1, 2021
    Time: 4a m
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Experience: In an out of quiet mind. Right hip was tight. Right leg fell asleep

Viswamitra and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 2.

Date: August 2nd 2021
    Time: 5:45 am
    Duration: 10 mins
    Experience: It was the first thing I tried to do as soon as I woke up and was a bit sleepy still. As I started with sitting position I slowly went to sleeping position and I wasn't in a proper attire and was feeling cold too and could feel goosebumps as I was meditating and listening to the instructions. It went on for a few minutes and my mind was wandering with a lot of thoughts about my studies, previous day -how I didn't make it better, current day how I can utilise it to the best etc etc. Like at least 20 25 thoughts crossed my mind . Out of 10mins I was able to be with it for about 2 3 mins. Rest of the time went in thoughts,yawning , feeling cold, changing postion etc.
    Never mind - it'll get better with practice. :)

Good day everyone.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Date: August 2, 2021
    Time: 6:30 a.m. to 6:48 a.m.
    Duration: 18 minutes
    Experience: Soham meditation focused on acceptance. Only a few thoughts that are troublesome during the recent days appeared quickly one after another totalling about 3 one relating to my own health, one relating to health of our dear Orion and one related to my son's prototype development. But they disappeared in 3-4 minutes allowing the focus on inhalation and exhalation. 4 counts of breathing cycle per minute in 3-4 minutes. Today, I didn't experience sleeping feet which is an improvement. I was seated on the carpet in the ground with hands free in front kept on my lap with index figner touching the second finger. I again lost track of time and 18 minutes feel like just a minute or two.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 3.

Date: August 3rd 2021
    Time: 3 am
    Duration: 10 mins
    Experience: As I woke up early to finish up some studies I wanted to finish meditation as part of my wake up routine . So I learnt the lessons from yesterday. Dressed up appropriately so that I don't feel cold and don't end up being too sleepy. So had a good cold water face wash and sat just before I could start my studies.Went with a much calm music and just went with the flow. I tried to be with my breaths and was letting go of any thoughts which were crossing my mind. I wasn't controlling any thoughts , just let them pass my mind. I was lost somewhere being in the thoughts to being with my breath when the 10 min finished. Didn't realise where I was at the end of 10 min. More in a thoughtless state and not even with my breath.So better than last two days.

Beautiful day everyone. :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

Date: August 2, 2021
    Time: 4 am
    Duration: 30 mins
    Experience: Left leg was outside, right leg was inner. Left hip was tight. Once I moved tightness went away. Left leg fell asleep. I'm unsure if my mind was blank or I was half-asleep.

7. Viswamitra

Day 3 of 100
    Date: August 3, 2021
    Time: 7:11 a.m. to 7:29 a.m.
    Duration: 18 minutes
    Experience: Continuation of the Soham meditation initiated on August 1st with the focus on acceptance. The mind was quicker to focus on inhalation and exhalation and I was able to get rid of thoughts earlier and my mind was quiet for a longer duration. Duration of the meditation felt like it was just 1-2 minutes.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  8. SuiDhaaga

Date: August 3, 2021
    Time: 4 am
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Experiences: Lot of distracting thoughts. Almost laughed loud. Right hip was tight. Right leg fell asleep.

Anusha2917 and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Date: Sunday August 1, 2021
    Time: After brushing my teeth.
    Duration: 13 minutes
    Experience: Used the Calm app. Went OK'ish. Distracting thoughts were lighter as not about my personal plans or worries. Was revisiting a discussion I had with my son about the selfishness of unvaccinated people. At each distraction, I thought I should "rewind" the app by 15 seconds.

Date: Monday August 2, 2021
    Time: After brushing my teeth.
    Duration: 12 minutes
    Experience: Not good. As it was Monday, the week and the month and the upcoming academic year loomed large in my mind. Gently pulling back the mind to the breath was each time a half-hearted effort. I need the previous evening to end on a mostly "resolved" note for the meditation to go well.

Date: Tuesday August 3, 2021
    Time: After brushing my teeth (but well past my regular time).
    Duration: 12 minutes
    Experience: The less said the better. Total washout.

10. Viswamitra

Day: 4
    Date: August 4, 2021
    Time: 6:30 a.m. to 6:48 a.m.
    Experience: Very rhythemic inhalation and exhalation reached within 5 minutes. Focused on acceptance as the theme watching the inhalation and exhalation. Unusual thoughts occupied my mind for the first few minutes and I thought it was my mind's way of trying to take control. Relatively refreshing and calmer session.

Anusha2917 likes this.