Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Day: 67 of 100 (Thursday)
    Date: October 7, 2021
    Time: 6:43 a.m. to 6:55 a.m.
    Duration: 12 minutes
    Experience: Mahalaya Amavasya brought some excellent news to me and I was very happy throughout yesterday. Even though there was a lot of excitement, I was thinking excessing negative emotions and excessive celebrations are extremes and the mind should remain neutral. Today, during meditation, my focus was to make the mind calm and give up its ownership. There was a lot of resistance but after relentless pursuit, the mind got used to remaining calm. Self-love needs healthy mind that doesn't oscillate between likes and dislikes. I didn't feel 12 minutes of meditation. Meditation is the best way to discipline the mind.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 67 :
    Date : 06-10-2021
    Duration : 10mins
    Time : 6 am to 6 10am
    Experience: mind is very agitated with some confusions. Day to day while being occupied in so many chores my mind doesn't bother about the confusions my mind is undergoing. But when I try to sleep, in between sleep or when I sit for meditation I feel extremely anxious about my decisions. Very confused whether to do A or B.

Day 68 :
    Date : 07-10-2021
    Duration : 10mins
    Time : 7am to 7 10 am
    Experience: As I mentioned mind is difficult to control. But I'm trying. When I'm calm I want to sit n work on my confusions.

Day 69 :
    Date : 08-10-2021
    Duration : 10min
    Time : 5 30 am to 5 40am
    Experience: To discipline the mind is the most difficult thing . Through today's practice I was trying to be gentle to myself saying it's okay to let to mind do it's thing of jumping to thoughts. It's okay to not have a perfect meditation of 10 mins. It's okay to be confused . Very soon things will all be better :)

abc00, Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Day: 68 of 100 (Friday)
    Date: October 8, 2021
    Time: 6:48 a.m. to 7:01 a.m.
    Duration: 13 minutes
    Experience: Very peaceful meditation. The mind was calm throughout the session despte a few thoughts coming from time to time. It looks like my mind is now trained to be calm at least during the meditation. I intent to continue these sessions even after I finish this 100 days of posting.

4. Viswamitra

Day: 69 of 100 (Saturday)
    Date: October 9, 2021
    Time: 7:23 a.m. to 7:34 a.m.
    Duration: 11 minutes
    Experience: A mysterious inner happiness overwhelmed me during the meditation today. All that happened in the past few days are not extraordinary to feel so excited. However, this continue to exist for nearly a week now during meditation. I worked on calming my mind down during meditation and enjoy everything happening around me with neutral mind. Self-love is the theme for the month. I am enjoying these meditation sessions.

Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Day: 70 of 100 (Sunday)
    Date: October 10, 2021
    Time: 8:29 a.m. to 8:40 a.m.
    Experience: Woke up very late today around 8 a.m. There is a delay in doing meditation which felt like lack of discipiline. However, when I sat for meditation, I got into the rythm and it worked out as usual. Happy mindset continues for no specific reason. I had a detailed discussion about happy mind with no assigned reason with another learned individual and he suggested that it is a good thing to have happy mind with no assigned reason. If it has a label attached to it, then only I need to work on balancing the mind. Good to know this. 11 minutes flew without realizing the elapse of it. I very much enjoyed the session even though it was late.

6. Viswamitra

Day: 71 of 100 (Monday)
    Date: October 11, 2021
    Time: 7:01 a.m. to 7:14 a.m.
    Duration: 13 minutes
    Experience: Cold disturbed my otherwise routine experience of watching breathing cycle during meditation. I have to clear my throat number of times during meditation. Mind was analyzing a few thoughts and I kept observing them. This time they were future thoughts with no clear outcome visible in my thoughts. I need that surprise elements to balance my mind. I have decided to love myself no matter what is the outcome.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Day 28 - morning 6 am to 6.20 am
    I have skipped 2 days but otherwise i am doing regularly. I used to do meditation after i return home in afternoon but now i realised that morning meditation happens more smoothly as there is more calmness in mind.

Anusha2917 and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Day: 72 of 100 (Tuesday)
    Date: October 12, 2021
    Time: 7:14 a.m. to 7:26 a.m.
    Experience: Even though it was not early morning, still, doing meditation immediately after a sound sleep provides immense ability to focus on the theme of the meditation and to calm the mind. A few thoughts came in but disappeared quickly in the fire of concentration on breathing cycle.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Day: 73 of 100 (Wednesday)
    Date: October 13, 2021
    Time: 10:24 a.m. to 10:35 a.m.
    Experience: I woke up very late today but didn't want to miss my meditation. However, my morning routines are overwhelming and hence I could catch up my meditation only after 10 a.m. during the middle of work. A very unique experience to take a break from catching up with emails, reading reports and evaluate prospects! My mind is able to switch to calm setting quickly from active session at work and that is the beauty of training the mind regularly. It is interesting to watch 11 minutes disappearing in no time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    Anusha2917 likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Day: 74 of 100 (Thursday)
    Date: October 14, 2021
    Time: 07:03 a.m. to 07:15 a.m.
    Experience: My mind was absolutely at peace during the meditation. This practice of remaining calm and watching the breathing cycle is training my mind well. I couldn't say thoughtless as a few thoughts remained but they were not disturbing the calmness of my mind. I wish I could remain in that state throughout the day.

Anusha2917 likes this.