Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Each one of us have unique experience when we sit erect on a mat with an intent to watch our thoughts as a Soul. Even though mental agitation consumes most of the time, we begin to calm our minds down as we become disciplined to meditate at a given time and place everyday. Each session gives a relaxing and calming experience as we make progress towards higher consciousness. It is a healing experience of all the niggles we have in our body and agitations in our mind.

It is @Srama who came up with the idea to have a marathon of 1000 days of meditation to make it into a habit and @Gauri03, @Laks09 and I were nodding our head vigorously to participate in this effort. For convenience, it is decided to break them into 100 days of meditation at a time and as we endure the pressure on time and effort, it can be extended further to 100 days several times to make it into a habit in life.

All ILites are welcome to join this effort and please share your experiences here in this thread.
    We suggest to record your effort in this thread as follows:

Date:
    Time:
    Duration:
    Experience: This is not mandatory. ILites can share if they feel comfortable sharing.

All of us are learning this process and all of us are equal in this effort. Neither anyone needs to worry about joining afresh nor his/her lack of experience in the past. Let us all make a collective effort and help each other in the process.

Let us begin on Thursday, August 1st and continue recording our data for the next 100 days. If you miss a day, no need to sweat. Please catch up the following day and finish recording for 100 days. But let us make it a habit to practice meditation whatever time we have everyday.

I wish everyone participating a great learning experience that leads to tranquility.

maalti, Anusha2917, Rihana and 7 others like this.

2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I've done for past week but will try to share starting Aug 1st.

It's a date!

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. NOW

NOW Gold IL'ite

I will be joining this series too and looking forward to it very much. Thanks for this great initiative !!

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for starting the thread Viswa sir! Here’s to 1000 days of serenity and peace.

Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I will join and update. I will try 2 10min sessions during the day

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you V sir for starting the thread! Look forward to the updates.

Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the thread Viswa. I already have a 50+ day streak going thanks to the 75 hard challenge. I will include it in my count when we get started. Aug 1st is a good day for me for reasons more than one! : )

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03,

I think you should count those efforts towards meditation here as well. You have now increased my curiosity by telling that August 1st is a good day for you for reasons more than one!

@Vaikuntha, You can log in all times whether it is done all at once or twice a day. It is each individual who will determine their time and duration as it is a voluntary effort for our growth and development.

I couldn't wait for August 1st to log in my daily routine.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for starting this thread @Viswamitra ji! I am in! I have recently started the Loving-Kindness meditation of UC Berkeley. This is a 15 min. a guided meditation that I hope to do without guidance in the future. I have been doing it for past one week so I will include these 10 days to my count :)

Loving-Kindness Meditation (Greater Good in Action)

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Me too.

I manage to meditate fairly regularly for 11-13 minutes but logging it here and being part of a group will help. I am hoping to note down the "distractions" and "wanderings" in each day's practice and maybe a pattern will emerge. I've always wanted to check if my mind wanders more to due to "rehearsing" or "rehashing." Right now, I only mark an X in my bullet journal for each day's practice. : )

I reflected on the ideas of 1000 days (August 1 2021 - April 27 2024) and 100 days (August 1 - Nov 9). I find that allowing for days off makes this a slightly open-ended venture. I prefer tangible end dates. Tweaking it for myself a bit -- make meditation a daily practice. On Nov 9, see how many days I could do it out of the 100 possible.

Thanks to all for starting this and joining in.

Hopikrishnan and Viswamitra like this.