1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dads astrology driving me mad !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by catchaparna, May 2, 2015.

1. catchaparna

catchaparna New IL'ite

Hi....from Colorado...

My marriage hasn't been good for the last few months.i am jobless and with a 1 yr old at my parents place for last 6 months. To top it off, my dad studies astrology and it's never been a pain until today.

He says my astrology charts indicate I will have no stable job and will have to depend on my husband so better go back to him and compromise. I am very independent minded, courageous. But things like this ( horoscope) is taking away my confidence and my interest to even survive.

My my dad isn't just saying this because I would go back to my husband, even I read that text ( charts). It's just driving me nuts. Every time I want to do something or live my life, he brings in this astrology. No matter how much you try and avoid and not give attention, as a human you tend to give up at a point.

How do I not pay attention ? Tried telling him so many times.

2. bchandra2008

bchandra2008 Bronze IL'ite

try to tell your dad that Astrology is only about probabilities
    and NO ONE CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE ; so 100 % faith in astrology is bad; and apply your logic and intelligence to take a decision

sindmani and Metamorphic like this.
  3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Astrology is not 100% accurate Even astrologers tell that. It depends on the accurate birth time..location etc. First of all, you should come out of that belief, then you will not bother about whatever your dad says.

Ask your Dad whether your horoscopes were matched for marriage or not. Had it been matched, how come you don't have a happy married life. So ask him to stop looking into something intangent.

Hmmm. Another way is... Ask your Dad to ask the astrologer who predicted your chart for a remedy. For every problem in astrology, there is a remedy. So ask him to find out that, instead of suggesting to live with your H. That should stop him from repeating the same thing again and again.. Or probably he might get remedy from the astrologer and will not be troubled by the position of your planets.

1 person likes this.
  4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Life is what you make it ... A positive step with full confidence in yourself and trust in GOD ... Nothing can stop you ....

Focus on what you want and not on what is pulling you down .. horoscope or anything for that matter ..

2 people like this.
  5. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

No stable job means you may change job frequently like me.Whenever my husband gets transfer,I will also change my job and relocate to his place in a month or two.Now also I am looking for a job in Chennai for the treatment of my daughter.Probably you will also change job frequently like me.

(He says my astrology charts indicate I will have no stable job and will have to depend on my husband so better go back to him and compromise. I am very independent minded, courageous. But things like this ( horoscope) is taking away my confidence and my interest to even survive.)

Also try to do something from home itself by developing some hobby where your income may be less but consistent.

Don't believe only astrology and keep quiet.

6. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

You said Dad is still a student in astrology. So how can you say that his ''predictions'' are 100% accurate, with respect to astrological calculations.

Astrology is a guideline. Real astrologers never say any NEGATIVE remarks which could affect your confidence. Even if you have bad times, they would suggest to do
    some remedies and take precautions. ( Simple prayers and small puja etc ).

On the other side, there are many fake astrologers who always try to create fear and kill your confidence. They offer very expensive remedies and Puja etc and loot
    the victim.

1 person likes this.
  7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Tell your dad most of astrological problems have remedies . Ask him to find out remedy like ring or a Pooja. Do it and say I finished what is required , now it should
    not have any impact. Once you start believing in astrology too seriously they is no end to it . You will keep doing everything based in that. . So use it carefully. Tell dad Take it as a forewarning, do some puja or ring and get on with life . Don't dwell too much in negatives . See if you find positives in it and keep telling dad only about positives. .

8. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I don't want to enter into astrology. The most important fact in this is that your dad is trying to advise you to lead a happy married life. He probably did use astrology to point that to you. I have no idea about your married life issues, but I would advise you to be patient and go to your husband and adjust with him. You may be courageous but just think about the kid and job will definitely be able to be secured. you need patience for both of it. Time will never wait for u. In no time will you find that the child is grown. Unless the hubby is really arrogant and physically abusive there is always the possibility for lots of people to change as time goes on. I have learnt in life. Your dad is trying to reinforce it in you thro the advice of astrology. I would not say that there is no basis on that, but it just gives someone some hope to cling to in life. I would not blame your dad to seeking to astrology as he worried about you and feeling that something will giving him some hope. So I would be saying that there is nothing to be angry over your dad's approach. You need to sort your married life, let alone the astrology.

1 person likes this.