1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dad Is Dad, Son Is Son But Mom Is......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thank you. Please look for sequel to be posted in a fortnight. Son is son dad is dad but mom is....
    Regards.
    Godbless.

Adharv likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thanks for agreeing to my ...

3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Wow I really look forward for your humorous sequel sir. :)

4. Thyagarajan

:hello:@peddadas
    Thanks for tapping the LIKE.
    2. I trust you would read the sequel "SON IS SON DAD IS DAD BUT MOM IS..." POSTED HERE.

THANKS AND REGARDS.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:@peartree
    Thanks for tapping LIKE option. Shall be grateful for your valuable comments.
    2. A somewhat sequel to this anecdote posted and available in the link below which I trust you would not hesitate to tap and open and read.

indusladies.com/community/threads/son-is-son-dad-is-dad-yet-mom-is.306895/
    Thanks and Regards.
    GOD BLESS US all always.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  6. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Brilliant narration. Enjoyed every minute of it. The entire write-up was playing like a movie in my head. When I was a kid in the late-80s-90s, our old, faithful Saravana Bhavan for the first time opened a fast-food branch and the judgment and protests were palpable. So I just cannot imagine the concept of unlimited Sambhar or eating for Annas.

Your father seems to have been an excellent parent, paying close attention, love and care to his child, at the same time, not reacting hastily, but responding calmly to the situation.

Wisdom-filled head on a love-filled heart. Rare combination.

Since I joined IL late, I seem to have missed many such gems. From previous replies, it looks like the "mom is...." is another story. Request @Thyagarajan sir to link the post in the original thread.

I have made a mental note to go to the archives and read your posts one by one, in-between office meetings, for some stress-relief and good old-fashioned writing pleasure !

I'm dealing with too many emojis and gifs these days.

Sir, you should write more, period.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:@MadhuRK
    Thanks for the accolades but I am not sure yet I deserve such a platitude.
    I am glad that you had vicarious enjoyment of the spots and scenes in the narration.
    2. At #23 to @peartree i had stated a link which is sequel th this anecdote. I trust you would enjoy reading it.

Son Is Son, Dad Is Dad Yet Mom Is.....

3. Anend your positive comment about my dad, often I realise the secret of his robust health & longevity could be largely attributed to his not reacting immediately but takes due time to be responsive.

4. I wish I could write more as I did in past. But at times I feel senility has set in. With slightly impaired vision and butter-Like fingers improperly dance on the keyboard, I find I had to spend more time and energy to write with appropriate word selection & formatting etc.

5. But paraphrasing tool comes handy in the link

https://quillbot.com/
    Thanks to @Rihana .

6. I am touched with your statement that you love my blogs and determined to read mining from archive. Best nominated write-ups for monthly Finest Post are neatly indexed which would help reader to catch up with gems of other contributors who are pioneers and Bhishma pithas. That reminds me of your holistic-response that earned you the coveted red Ribbon of IL.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

8. Thyagarajan

@shreepriya
    I am delighted you were hereto grant a like to this post.
    I would have been doubly happy had it been followed by your valuable
    Comments.
    I had gone through your contributions in IL and hope you could contact a gynaecologist near your HRBR layout. I found web addresses in the link copied below whichyou might find useful.

kammanahalli, hrbr layout, kalyan nagar . - Google Search

Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless.

shreepriya likes this.
  9. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Wow that was so nicely narrated! But my father is similar to your father! My father is the same. So I got reminded of my childhood days! Thanks !

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:Am glad that read of this anecdote brought back memories of childhood. Girl child is always believed to be a pampered lot of every dad. There could be numerous incidents with happy endings wherein dad played an important role in the lives of every child and such incidents stay always green in our memory.
    Thanks & regards.
    Ps: there is post sequel to this anecdote:
    Son Is Son, Dad Is Dad Yet Mom Is.....

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    indubalram likes this.