1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Déjà Vu? Does Life Imitate Films Or Vice Versa?

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by satchitananda, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Mira: What connects an iridescent gecko to an albino monkey?
    Kartik: They are both innovative in their appearances.
    Mira: Wrong. Think again.
    Kartik: They are both camouflaged.
    Mira: Wrong.
    Kartik: Stop doing that Cyril and Vivian on me ...tell me ...what connects them.
    Mira: They are both having second thoughts in choosing their permanent skin color. Tiki Taka Tiki Taka! Tikkiii!

satchitananda and Amulet like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Now these news characters are really new to me!

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I think just like you have this Kartik&Mira doing the see-saw talk in your head, about all topics, Oscar Wilde must have had people in his head messing him up all the time.

This riddle wasn't even fair. The chimp and the gecko didn't even have a choice about their colour, so as to have a second thought about choosing. That begs the question about Kartik. What makes a nice fellow like him put up with the bad-riddler like Mira ? [ This was asked in a different verbiage in that "On Acknowledgement" thread when she wonders "why is he so nice to me... even though I rhyme with brew?"].

4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Quick Annotation: Kartik and Mira are fictional people who have no earthy kind of problems, but have lots of difficulties with metaphysical stuff. And they talk in vocabulary that only Novalis can put out.

When I asked "why people talk like that" (in connection with a different loving pair) I got the answer about how love makes them use oblique vocabulary so that only the twosome would decipher what that is all about, and all the rest of the world would be none the wiser. Mysterious stuff, this twosomeness behavior !!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    satchitananda likes this.