CVS Procedure, pls. share the experience

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Amicable, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi all....

I am booked for CVS procedure next month, due to previous history of pregnancy with genetic abnormality. I got ameniocentsis done in the past. We have decided to go for the CVS this time. I have read CVS procedure is little more risky and painful than ameniocentsis. Which procedure is less painful Vaginal or abdominal? If there are anyone or you know someone, who has gone through CVS procedure, can you please share this experience. I am very very scared thinking about this procedure coming soon. Thank you.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Have you gone through this procedure and how about the result?

Amniocentesis is a diagnostic test that may be recommended by your health care provider following an abnormal triple test result. Inherited or genetic concerns lead some parents to choose amniocentesis to determine if specific genetic disorders may be present in their baby

An ultrasound is used as a guide to determine a safe location for the needle to enter the amniotic sac so the fluid may be safely removed. A sample of amniotic fluid is collected through the needle. The procedure takes about 45 minutes, although the collection of fluid takes less than five minutes. The amniotic fluid, which contains cells shed by the fetus, is sent to the laboratory for analysis....READ more:Amniocentesis

Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
    CVS is a diagnostic procedure which involves removing some chorionic villi cells from the placenta at the point where it attaches to the uterine wall. There are two ways that samples are collected.READ more:CVS

What are the risks of CVS?

Thanks.