Current Situation Of Covid-19 In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Minion, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

People learn the wrong things from the west. It isn't a Buick, it is TATA.

[​IMG]

I watched that video.... and that made me wonder if it is the intent of the government to let the covid pandemic wash over the nation. It will reduce the senior population, and make everyone who survives acquire the antibodies for this virus. Highly populated countries may let some natural disaster take care of downsizing the headcount [used the corporate jargon here !!] so that it cannot be blamed on any one political party; this leveraging of natural disasters would indeed seem justifiable when the aged are preferentially weeded off, and the young are left behind to carry on the tasks for the nation.... in economic development, and national security.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2021
    Roar likes this.
  3. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Are you being serious? It’s a heartless and insensitive statement. When the whole situation has been affecting many people and very hard to digest how can you even write such statements without thinking much or having any empathy. Are you always this aloof and make such statements in such circumstances. You might not be affected but don’t state such sweeping statements.

No government will do it out of its own will but it’s the governments failure which has lead to this. The old and people who are even middle aged are being among those who have had covid in this second wave and lots of middle aged people have died.

But a ruling party should take care of it’s citizens and if it so happens that one party had been ruling many states or kind of being the majority they will be held responsible.

MalStrom and Minion like this.
  4. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Above is from financial times.
    If a ruling party could make such premature resolution and victory and the party’s leader quietly accepted then it means that the absolute failure of their covid management also rests on the leader and the ruling party.

Minion likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I live in Texas. This is exactly what went on here in December. The only change was that hospitals didn’t run out of beds, oxygen, plasma and other essentials. Every third neighbor of mine was sick but wasn’t anxious about not getting treatment if required. Of course, the infections slowed down and abated once the wave reduced. People did die though, opening up for economic reasons has had its demerits.

India is more populous than the US, with a third of the country living in areas where medical care isn’t the most robust even without the strain of a pandemic. India exported vaccines and oxygen out of the false sense that the pandemic was beaten. I wish those vaccines were used to safeguard Indians first. I wish the oxygen was stored up for such a scenario before being exported in a short sighted move. Experts who knew this was coming were side tracked. I wish the country followed the advice of those infectious diseases experts who warned about this exact scenario months ago.

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

True.. my heart cries.
    Everyone in my H family got sick and thankfully recovering Inspite of old age and weaker immune system ( they all get sick very often, with weather change). Some of his relatives, young, actually died.. that is so depressing.

I do not know whom to blame but it is everyone.
    Government has to open the economy ultimately.. People were dying of hunger, frustration, were killing or raping just because they were stressed out. Then poor handling of many things,. It was new for everyone. They shut down in the beginning, people died of hunger... then they opened, and people started partying

We are Indians, we have stronger immunity, we eat healthy food, spices, herbs blah blah. India has sun. We have gods.
    Corona beat it all..no gods, no religion for it.
    Our faith, religion, politics has blinded us all. We take chances and that's what we get.
    My own relatives have that feeling, we will recover so they do gathering. My own relatives do not stop mingling.

Government came from people of different mindsets. So Ultimately, i feel its people, all of us to blame.
    Where one is wearing mask, other is stopping him - why do u need mask? its okay. (it happened on one of big gathering to my relatives, one mocking at other wearing mask at funeral)
    However, here, if i go to a place, i see others wearing mask, i will also wear for safety, courtesy sake.. This is our attitude in india.

India is too crowded. My own in laws house - street - full crowded, house not ventilated, hence more chance of spread. Which is why government has early shut down. Unfortunately that did not help.

People have to go to temples, people have to do ganga shannan and spread it, have to do gathering to protest..

7. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

In mid 2020, our fearless leader in America pooh..pooh'ed the influenza, it'd be gone in spring time- he had speculated, and had suggested that we could easily let it wash over the country. He disliked wearing masks, and pretty much forced everybody in the white house to follow his example. A whole lot of them in his house got the infection, including himself. They all got various levels of treatment: remdesivir, vitamin-D, dexamethasone, and even monoclonal antibody drip while being helped with extra oxygen in their breathing tubes. Regular people with the same malady had the regular levels of medical attention.
    Other world leaders of similar traits (style?) in India, Brasil, and Philippines went along with similar schemes. Allowing their countries to suffer through the pandemic, hoping to manage after all the dust settles. Countries with local vaccine sources (China, Russia, USA, India, UK ) should have all managed to keep their populations safer than they had done. Some national governments/leaders, e.g., Johnson-UK and the Swedish Public Health Authority allowed their nations to acquire herd immunity through scant safeguards. That experiment had apparently failed. Other leaders may have had the same intent, but couldn't communicate their thinking due to political considerations. All leaders-- Trump, Duarte, NaMo, Bolsonaro-- come under the "was it intentional or was it incompetence" debate. In the meantime, poorer countries without their own source of vaccines, sit and wait.
    I was watching Greta Thunberg's full speech on Earth day.... and wondered.... given that the climate change is anthropogenic (man-made), is the Earth trying to get at the source of her troubles, and fix herself ? [in my India-resident extended family, there'd been two covid deaths so far -- both men, ages 68, 73, six other infected had recovered; I noticed that wikipedia has a page on celebrity covid deaths in each country. Quite a number of India's state legislators are listed there ]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You’ve stated this earlier too. Point noted.
    Even with #45’s mismanagement, infrastructure didn’t collapse. Hospitals were equipped. It’s upsetting that India had the resources and exported them before beefing up stores at home.
    That was catastrophic, IMO. They could have been cautious for a surge.

Past is in the past. Now, to get out of this, how can we help? Sewa India is collecting funds but someone pointed out that it’s a BJP organization and money donated isn’t going for the oxygen concentrators as advertised. Is there any organization that’s doing on the ground work in india that can use our funds?

9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

India's coronavirus deaths could be far higher than reported

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  10. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Madras High Court Said India's Election Commission is single-handedly responsible for the second wave