Current Situation Of Covid-19 In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Minion, Apr 25, 2021.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Just wouldnt blame the govt alone. People were partying like there was nothing called corona..Eateries in Bangalore were overflowing with young crowd ..People wearing masks were looked like "Over reactive " types
    Many folks in my social circle were taking vacations
    In wave 1 since many of them dint fall under the hospitalized category and were down with fever for couple of days, this kind of created a wrong notion with people that its OK to get corona, but they want to live a chill life

Remember for govt "You are just a number"..but for your family you are the world..Partying, socialization can all wait ...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  2. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Watch how the health minister replies to a pointed question, just shameful.

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

When the leadership encourages such reckless behavior by conducting mega election meetings what will the common people think? they will think that everything is fine and go out and party.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Why does a person need a mask when they are inside their own vehicle ?

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Govt relaxed for economic reasons..for the sake of people who live from hand to mouth..for the sake of people who may die out of hunger rather than corona(I am NOT talking about conducting Kumbh Mela which is definitely wrong)
    But talking about Bangalore the maximum folks I know who are down with Corona are those young crowd who can luxuriously have their butts on seats inside their home..but they just refused to ...My only weekend activity for the last 6 months has been to hop on a car and go for a long drive and I have personally seen the Bangalore crown NOT following SD, face masks barely there, overflowing eateries and pubs

You and me are talking about totally two different set of people..I am hitting out to the cosmopolitan young crowd who just cant live without a chilled life ..They have ended up being super spreaders for their elderly parents at home as well...The more and more corona cases is going to make the health care system weak..Bangalore has the maximum case load now and is inching towards in the foot steps of Delhi.

KashmirFlower and vidukarth like this.
  6. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

When you are a leader of the second most populated country and you don't even try 1% to get the message to the people then you don't deserve to be called a leader.

Agathinai likes this.
  7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Minion,

right from my first post I have been targeting ONLY one set of people ..Educated, young people who even after getting the message /reality , behaving like they havent..I hope you have got that "message"

joylokhi likes this.
  8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I am not talking about the leader, or supporting anyone here.... But each and every individual knows that the situation is grim and worldwide things are not great and how can everything be fine in our country....

Everyone is watching, reading and sharing news about this and inspite of that, i know and have seen people who were behaving as though things were fine, when it was not.

Only a lockdown could have saved, re opening and relaxing things has led to lot of misery and agony countrywide. We should see what needs to be done now, to save others going forward, so that the mistakes arent repeated....

1. Do not step out of your house, until anf unless it is an emergency.
    2. Do not go out for partying and to have a social life.
    3.do not attend any gatherings, no matter who ever says it is safe to do so...
    4. Always wear a mask if stepping out of the house, step out only if it is an emergency.
    5. Most of the elders dont have their children nearby and they stay in different countries and with the travel ban, it is impossible to come.
    6. Please stay home, stay safe and stay healthy....

Lots and lots of strength and love to the people of my motherland....

Please be safe

WannabValerie, Roar and joylokhi like this.
  9. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Very well said. Nandini....and will repeat this..for a govt " you are just a number"..to your family you are the whole world

joylokhi likes this.
  10. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Yes, the buck stops with the leader. And the ruling government cannot hide or pass on the buck to others.

When the leader says anything his followers who are blind do follow. So why not use it. He was responsible for these massive election rallies in multiple states which floated all the social distancing and preventing measures. Why the need for so many rallies? When he is able to do virtual meetings why not virtual rallies?

The government has to be held responsible for these disastrous consequences we are seeing everywhere. When they try to make false reports to the contrary they have to be pointed out.

Even if it’s true that public have been callous when the government or it’s leaders say something serious they will listen to an extent.

Even otherwise the basic treatment of giving oxygen to a patient is not being done then who is to be held responsible other than the government who had failed preparing for it. It’s more than a year since pandemic began and they had enough time to prepare for this second wave and it’s their failure to anticipate this. How can they not anticipate after seeing many developed countries fail? How do we expect that hospitals either private or public are woefully prepared for oxygen? Isn’t it the governments duty of care for it’s people?

Yes, the government failed miserably and now it’s the people who are left suffering and facing the consequences.

Minion likes this.