Current Situation Of Covid-19 In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Minion, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

My city is under siege from Covid

2. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Pregnant Doctor Loses Battle To Covid: Husband Shares Her Story

3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Schadenfreude and political goal scoring when the country is in tatters.

In a way, now you can know with whom you can/can't engage.

'Don't listen to what people say, watch what they do'

joylokhi likes this.
  4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

Agathinai likes this.
  5. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

The suffering is real! Knowing our close circle getting infected,the next door neighbour infected, the colleague who I meet almost everyday in zoom is infected,that aunty is not so confident about the vaccination,almost 20 fatalities in my vicinity! Its getting worse, horrendous.Yet trying to be extra cautious,It's been almost a month since I stepped out of my apartment campus,double mask even when going down to pick up deliveries,masks still up until clean all the delivered items and storing,masks still up even while going to my own balcony... masks are the best defense,stay home people! :worship2:

6. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Give me a break! Do you really believe all of us who have shared the real news are really like that? Do you think we are going to gain politically by posting on this forum? Do you really believe we all are affiliated to political forces and have the capacity to change voters perceptions?

Looks like you are a staunch supporter of BJP irrespective of whether the public die or suffer. But don’t twist that those who are posting here are enjoying the plight of this horrendous tragedy. I am talking against the failure of the government in multiple areas which has resulted in this catastrophe. You blame only the people and that’s it! Yes, now the people all are suffering just because it’s their mistake. No need to hold anyone or any person responsible for this tragedy. Let’s blame ourselves and hope for the best.

Minion and Bujji32786 like this.
  7. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Political leaders are driven by political expediencies. They are quite competent when they keep winning elections, and getting majorities without having to form coalition governments. I am sure NaMo is playing a balancing game
    No One in This World Has Ever Lost Money by Underestimating the Intelligence of the Great Masses of the Plain People... H.L.Mencken

I see that Union vs. Delhi is just one dichotomy in the politics of pandemic. The newly appointed Finance Minister [ a good speaker, very rational, has a degree in Operations Mgmt from Sloan School at M.I.T.] in Tamil State has said "The PM has a big reach, but shallow grasp", and recommends allowing the States to deal with the Pandemic. Many other states would want this too. When locals are stepping up to own whatever this pandemic is/does, then NaMo could just as well easily let them have it. After all, it is a tar baby.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  8. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Minion likes this.
  9. WannabValerie

WannabValerie Silver IL'ite

Ok, just want to know in simple terms, what is the purpose of this thread which is filled with copy paste videos from youtube (a much used platform than IL) into this thread here. Certainly it can not be 'reaching crowds'. Also, families are experiencing deaths they are in pain and they wont forgive the govt or anyone who is responsible, goes without saying.
    So what is the purpose...
    I am just curious...

Mistt and joylokhi like this.
  10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

This thread serves no purpose . I doubt people who are posting videos are even watching it . Anyone who can read and write knows how grave the situation is in India .

joylokhi likes this.