Curious to know gender of my baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by harshbharathi, Aug 2, 2007.

1. rathna100

rathna100 New IL'ite

Re: Baby's gender

thanks lavanya.u cleared my doubt which has been roaming in my mind so far.Bow

2. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Hi Rathna,

Pls consult your doctor about your health problem. She will be able to guide you. If you are near Guindy or Adyar then you can consult Dr. Kasturi Rangan(OBS & GYN). She is an experienced and had worked in UK. She stays in St. Thomas Mount. She visits even Malar hospital and St. Thomas hospital.

Indu.

[​IMG]

3. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

dear friends, when we found it i was pregnant we both had an intution that we would have a boy, whereas we both wanted a girl child.as my pregnancy progressed all was fine and people in india used to call me and tell me give birth to a fair child. i used to get irritated and reply back saying what matters most is that the child should be healthy, how does the colour matter so much. i cant beleive we are still living in a so - called educated societ who is so well informed and aware. finally i gave birth to a healthy baby boy!!

4. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

by the way the sex of the child is determined by the fathers chromosomes, so the woman should not ever get blamed!!Women produce the x chromosomes always and if the man produces an x chromosome then it will be a girl , but if he happens to produce the y chromosome it will be a boy!!! go educate the mils to blame their sons haha

5. indumathy_77

indumathy_77 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

What is there if it is a boy or girl baby? Girls are equally talented or little more than boys. My family members were very happy when I delivered a girl baby. They felt that goddess has born in our family and even today she is pet to everyone. Now I am pregnant again and can't wait to see our healthy baby.

Indu.

[​IMG]

6. nirmiti27

nirmiti27 New IL'ite

hi friends,
    i am just 9 weeks+ pregnant with baby#1 and this after 3 yrs of ttc...when i newly started ttc my mil told me that i should have a boy...as elder DIL in family has a girl and dont want to go for 2nd baby..But i told my MIL directly that we both want a girl to come in our family...Rant

i can understand that they need someone to carry their surnames...but why first one should be boy, MIL has 2 boys so she brought her sister's daughter to live with us forever...and still same MIL wants me to have a BOY!!:spin..also my Dh was very attach to this brother's Daughter even now..and said it would be better if we have a boy then our family will be complete.....but then slowly as days passed by and no result he wanted twins of 1 boy and 1 girl or 2 girls twins or 2 boy twins.:hide:...anything gender is ok for him untill baby is healthy and normal..

but after 2.5 yrs my doctor advice me to go for SO-IUI as we dont have any problem except my weight and me having PCOS....but here is what my DH asked my Dr." Is there any risk to mothers life...if yes than than i dont want a child...i love her more than anything"...and this suprised me that he is actually saying his...but he never said "I Love you" after intial honeymoon days(4-5 months of marraige)...and it really touch me ...ofcourse doctor said it dosent have any risk so we decided to go ahead....but after 1 failed SO-IUI that cost us a lot more than what she said ..i was not ready for 2nd SO-iui and wanted to take clomid(it is to get better egg quality) for next 3 months and doctor also wanted us to take break and try 3 months with clomid and 3 months naturally ..but i concieved Naturally and have a single baby...and i am now 9weeks preganat and feel truly blessed by lord krishana...and Now DH want me and baby to be healthy...he is so cautious abt me ..and treat me like queen

even if he is in deep sleep he will not allow me to sleep on my tummy or any side...and i am always suprise how he knows how i am sleeping even if he is in deep sleep...but i have a bad habbit to sleep on tummybonk...else i can't sleep..but now have to sleep as it is good for baby and also he will wake me up whole night and once said i will tie you to bed so that you cant move...Big Laugh

love my little daddy-to-be

7. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Dear Nirmiti....

Awwwwwwwwhhhhhh!!!! Thatz choooooo chweeeet....:)
    So touching to read this..

It is wonderful to see that you both are taking your 1st pregnancy so positively. Even after the years pass, this period would remain as a fond memory.

Enjoy your pregnancy and hope you have a healthy baby:thumbsup

8. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

A very nice thread, Lavanya.

Here is my share to the thread:

My hubby is the eldest & he has two brothers. I have an elder brother myself. When I was small, I always wanted to have a son (Don't ask me why bonk) But after marriage, I wanted to have a girl, more 'cos there was none in the family. Even before it was time to conceive, I did a lot of surfing for "Increase your chance of a baby girl" - Sex at daytime, Even dates for girls, etc. When it was time to conceive, we tried it all. Since I travelled into India after my 3rd month, I couldn't check the gender. But every guess work people made was entertained well by me. I would say, "yes, either I have a boy or a girl, right?" My m-i-l never told me anything, whether she wants a boy or girl, as she was very happy that I was pregnant. In fact, no one from my in-laws were playing the guessing game. {Hey, Now that I write this, I am totally off Rant} Anyway, back to my story... Finally on the D-day, after I deliver the baby, the doctor didn't tell me.... She told "See your baby"... My baby was so shy - the legs were bent - covering the main area. When I asked "What is it?" {I couldn't beleive I still was calling my baby "it"}, my doc says "Wait".... {Like waiting for 8 months was not enough). I was muttering in my mind - $@^&#@#. Finally she told me - I delivered a baby girl. All I could think of was - All the researching, paid off :bowdown Every member of my in-laws were very happy.

I want to be honest here in saying, I was scared. I was scared that if I had a boy, I wouldn't have been so happy (maybe 40%) or so accepting (so-so), & neither would others. But as time passes both would happen.

9. nirmiti27

nirmiti27 New IL'ite

Thanks reshsabu,

I am really blessed to have him as my DH ..if you read my threads for spouce , marraige and IL..you would find my threads in starting we use to fight like cat & dog or may be Goat & ox..but as we were going thru all TTC ..i and my DH have become more close to each other ...love each other more...i think only as time goes by you love ur spouce more..

He supported me and even my MIL never ever said anything infront of me (but not sure if she may be blaming me later when we are back to other country...Rant) as she is afraid of my DH...if he gets really upset than there is end or that end ...when my SO-IUI was failed..i told him that i dont want to go back to india as we will soon be completing 5 yrs and everybody will start treating me badly...he said lets wait till 5th aniversary and if we still dont have success than we wont go in india.. but fortunately we got pg befor 5th aniversary...and i am going to announce my pregnancy news on that day ie in march when i will be 10w2d....to my MIL & parents only

I saw an Indian-assami couple here in singapore who came to visit my doctor for first time..and nurse ask them what is the reason that they want to see the doctor...that idiot husband of beautiful girl said " she can't concieve" in such loudly tone in room full of people...that poor girl started crying.:evil:...How come that idot new before anytest that she has a problem and not him...I hope that girl is perfectly normal and that idiot has a problem in not concieving...we both were angry and did not talk to that idiot when he cam asking to us for asking how is a doctor..but we did talk to the girl and told her not to worry and she will soon be pregnant...and i8 will pray for her..even though i dont know her

Rest is life and have to live like best!!
    Nirmiti