1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Curious About Kids

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by MonikaSG, Dec 24, 2017.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Thankfully my kids have all the intelligence to understand their surrounding. My worry about them is they both are of similar age and hence become a team dramebaaz. I mean they are literally too much to come in control. To complete the hw of my elder one I have to struggle a lot with him. Rest I am not able to do anything extra. These days I am feeling that their intelligence can be used in a proper way to learn new things. But I really don't know how with their dramas its possible. I spend almost an hour separately with elder one to complete his 1 page homework. And when he go to school this much time is too much as other things are set with daily routine.
    What other parents are doing. My elder one is about to 4 and younger one is 2 and half. What are the things that I can do to keep them busy effectively with some new learning each day?

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

To be honest, I don't think your response to your DD was right. It is very similar to what our older generations were doing. That is, poking their nose into their children's matters, and influencing in the name of advice/opinions. And more importantly comparing, only to show how weak/bad your child is before her peers. This way, it would be very hard for the youngsters to have their own decisions.
    Haven't we all faced such dilemmas in our growing age in the past????

pinkRoseBud likes this.