1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cupid's Arrow- 2009!- A love story!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbhiSing, Feb 14, 2009.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

Definitely I too prefer Shakespeare (but sometimes he is too difficult than these research reports).
    And yes the brain would look messy and yucky and I was thinking what graphic form should represent the brain? :confused2: And imagine a man telling a woman "you have broken my brain" Big Laugh!

The researchers have also told that it is possible to improve relationships by giving these chemicals in pills form. (Whether it is ethically possible or not is another debate.bonk)

Happy reading your Shakespeare:cheers!

Dear Vijee,
    I too had read about this research thing in our local papers. Now it does seem that the heart has no role in love except giving palpitations! Imagine if the heart sign is substituted with brain symbol! Won't it look yucky and messy?I would prefer Shakespeare to these researchers!
    Love,
    Malathi

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Glad that you understood the reasons behind all these galattas!
    And tell me How many pinches did you get in a day roughly?:thumbsup

And for your question in the other thread "why they forget friends when they see a Figure?" : Simple reason buddy, their love circuit is lit up, the frontal region is deactivated and they forget the friends, follow the figure induced by the Seratonin, Oxytocin, cortisol and Norepinephrine raging in their blood. (Hahaha are you confused enough...:exactly:)
    My simple logic is ...why they forget the friend?...because the Figure will fly in a minute but the friend will be there forever:rotfl.

Happy Valentines Day Dear Thulasi Ponne!

VJ,
    Cho chweet blog
    After reading the medical reason ,I told to myself, "oh, adana indha galatakku ellam karanam" ;)

"Oh My God...repeated pinching from friends to bring us from our dreamland is surely stressful!"

Ha ha , you are making me nostalgic by bringing back those college memories dear :)

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

In arranged marriages.....how do we lit and keep up the spark?
    Researches on how to keep the love circuit alive shows that Spicing up the love by constantly creating new activities together and improve their intimacy will keep the spark up! Flowers, romantic dinners, special getaways, Aromatherapy(essential oils containing Jasmine, rose etc), taking a long walk together...etc should work wonders.

And yes...who is not bitten by the bug in this universe...tell me dear Aparna..the bug has not spared me too!

Happy Valentines day! Share with me how you keep the spark alive!

Dear viji,
    Wonderful blog on love dear. Very apt for today... woww... you did do your due diligent research b4 you wrote it... has the love bug bitten you to do so ??? the result is good... loved it.. so in arranged marriage do we ask cupid a favor to perfectly aim the arrow at the right person?? or do we use our brains to guide our hearts... hmmmm food for thought..
    Aparna

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear vijee,
    great bog and generously spiced with humor

..hey quite a lot of research has gone on it:thumbsup

but funny to know that the heart has nothing to do with it..

we had gone to a fancy italian place yesterday for dinner (anyway saturday night is dinner out ,only thing is we took the additional trouble of booking this place before and really the first two places were fully booked and yes we decided to DRESS UP ....my dd wanted just me and dh to go out and it was fun konjifying her and telling her that we would go only if we all went.....

Anyway they had decorated this place with a lot of pink hearts..lol at the thought of brains all over the place...Big Laugh

but surely the florists,gift shops bakeries and restaurants...what money they make on just one day...of course yours truly also contributing to it:)

then watched all the mushy movies on tv..aniyathi praavu in malayalam and jillunu oru kadhal(very dissapointing)..

tell me what did u do...

love
    Mindi

5. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Adiyae vijeee... I was expecting a blog in Tamil when i clicked on the link.. But i was dumpstruck when i started reading the mechanism involved in love..Hmm love circuit pathikanumna ivalo vishayam irukaa ? Endee ivaloo technicala ezhuthara ? balance it off with some fantasy pls..thaanga mudiyala !!

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks.
    Actually the spark for this blog post was lit up by an article in the local paper. That led to digging the internet and I was totally surprised to know that the heart has no place in love matters.
    And I shared it with you all, this Cupid's day!

So you had a romantic evening.....dressed up and all! Which reminds me of an article in the newspapers yesterday. A JC boy, set up a romantic candle light dinner for his girl in the East Coast beach near the waves all by himself. The food was prepared at home by him (a three course Italian one complete with a dessert). He topped it with a handmade gift. What a way to show his love for the girlBow. I guess the frontal cortex of his brain is not that deactivated after all. How could he plan all these otherwise? (by the way , he has told that he started planning 3 weeks ahead for this exclusive romantic dinner)

The price of a stalk of rose with nary a decoration was S$10. But...who will bargain anyway! 2 years back, the Vday was on a working day and DH forgotRant his usual bouquet and he stole the roses from my rose plant...you knowBig Laugh. A neighbor who passed by was laughing away and was wondering how come this idea didn't strike him earlier!
    Heart shaped chocolates....looked yummy yum in the shops. (I can only ogle at the chocs, they give me migraine even with a lick:bang)

And we spent the day at home....watching the mushy movies on TV (Woh Lumhe in the afternoon and Mozhi (Abhi's Fav)at night, yesterday it was Nizhal Nijamaagirathu and Kanda Naal Muthalaai )

Love
    Vijee

dear vijee,
    great bog and generously spiced with humor
    ..hey quite a lot of research has gone on it
    but funny to know that the heart has nothing to do with it..
    we had gone to a fancy italian place yesterday for dinner (anyway saturday night is dinner out ,only thing is we took the additional trouble of booking this place before and really the first two places were fully booked and yes we decided to DRESS UP ....my dd wanted just me and dh to go out and it was fun konjifying her and telling her that we would go only if we all went.....
    Anyway they had decorated this place with a lot of pink hearts..lol at the thought of brains all over the place...
    but surely the florists,gift shops bakeries and restaurants...what money they make on just one day...of course yours truly also contributing to it
    then watched all the mushy movies on tv..aniyathi praavu in malayalam and jillunu oru kadhal(very dissapointing)..
    tell me what did u do...

love
    Mindi

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijee,

I know you are a great cook but you being a doctor was news to me..ha ha ha

What a theory and analysis...From where do you get all these stuff dearie..

You have written very beautifully with humour... Totally made an interesting piece to read.

How was your V Day?

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

You asked me to write my own love poem. But you know...the Frontel cortex part of my brain was deactivated long long ago. So....borrowed song from movie Kana kanden and modified:goodidea:

மூளை திருகும்...செரடோனின்(seratonin) குறைந்திருக்கும் ...
    நடுப்பக்கம் நடுப்பக்கம் ...Dopamine கூடுதல் ஆகும்..ஆகும்..
    இதயம் பூக்காது ...மூளையே பூக்கும்....
    இது மோசமான நோய் ..ரொம்ப பாசமான நோய்..

மூளை இருந்த இடம் சூளை ஆகிவிடும் ..
    அதுதான் நோயின் ஆரம்பம் ...
    கார்டெக்ஸ்(cortex) பறித்துக்கொண்டு...ஹார்மோன் இரவல் தரும்..
    ஆனால் அதுவே..ஆனந்தம்....
    ஒரு Oxitocin தான் ..அது நம்மை இயக்குமே...
    அது இயக்கும் போதிலே....பந்த பாசம் கூடுமே..
    இது ஆண் நோயா பெண் நோயா ..காமன் நோய் தான் என்போமே..

(மூளை திருகும் ...)

சோற்றை மறுதலித்து ....விண்மீன் விழுங்கச் செய்யும் ...
    அன்னம்... தண்ணீர்... செல்லாது.... .
    Cortisol கூட்டிவிட்டு... BP அதிகரிக்கும்..
    Stress தான்... என்ன... செய்வது....
    இது இதயம் என்றுதான் ...நாம் நினைத்திருந்தோமே...
    பின் மூளை என்றுதான்...நாம் தெரிந்துகொண்டோமே...
    இந்த நோயின்றிப் போனாலே வாழ்க்கை சௌக்கியம் ஆகாதே...

(மூளை திருகும்..)

Some More:

இதயம் இதயம் இணைகிறது-
    அது ஒரு பழங்கவிதை
    மூளை கெட்டுப் போகிறது-
    இது தான் நடக்கும் கதை !

Then,
    ராசாவே ஒன்ன நா எண்ணித்தான் ..பல ராத்திரி மூடல கண்ணத்தான்
    ஏய் செரடோனின் பத்தல அதனாலதான்....
    நான் சாப்பிடல தூங்கல அதனாலதான்...!

Last ..but not the least!
    முதன்முதலில் பார்த்தேன் ..காதல் வந்ததே ..
    எனை மறந்து எந்தன் கார்டெக்ஸ் போனதே

நொடிக்கொரு தரம் உன்னை நினைக்கவைத்தாய்...
    அடிக்கடி VTAவை ஒளிர வைத்தாய்...

முதல் பார்வை மூளையில் என்றும்...
    ஸ்பார்க் அடிக்குமே...ஸ்பார்க் அடிக்குமே....

I know you are on your way to kill me...but...
    எவ்வளவோ பண்ணிட்டோம் ..இதப் பண்ண மாட்டோமா..?:hide:

Adiyae vijeee... I was expecting a blog in Tamil when i clicked on the link.. But i was dumpstruck when i started reading the mechanism involved in love..Hmm love circuit pathikanumna ivalo vishayam irukaa ? Endee ivaloo technicala ezhuthara ? balance it off with some fantasy pls..thaanga mudiyala !!

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

I am a Doctor alright but ...I am heartened that you think that I am great cook. Anytime give me pathology, physiology books or analytical research reports...spare me the pots and pans, my dear LS:bowdown.

You can say that I am a better cook than 10 years ago (when I know only boiling potatoes and making instant coffeebonk)Thanks to DH I learnt it from scratch.

From where did I get...from WWW only...thanks to technology and broad band.

My V day went very well!
    Thanks for being here Lalitha...What did you do?

Dear Vijee,
    I know you are a great cook but you being a doctor was news to me..ha ha ha
    What a theory and analysis...From where do you get all these stuff dearie..
    You have written very beautifully with humour... Totally made an interesting piece to read.
    How was your V Day?

10. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Kilambittaayaa...Kilambittaaayyyaaa..!

Ippadi marupadiyum kundakka mandakka than ezhuthuvaennu ethirpaarthaen..ithu rombavaee overdee..ana paatu rombavae rasikara mathiri irukku.. so nee thapicha.. :thumbsup